New to Cryptomator-Am I doing it right?

Hello,

I recently joined Cryptomator. Admittedly I am not good with technology at all. I am going to download about a thousand photo albums. I have downloaded two albums so far. Could you please have a look at the attached screenshot that I am doing it right before I start downloading all the other photo albums.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
Daniela

Yep, it seems you’re doing it right!

Where have you stored the encrypted files/vault?

Thank you so much for getting back to me. The vault appears to be in the D Drive (please see attached), although I was reading online that it should be in the F Drive. I am really sorry, I suck at technology. I appreciate your help!

It doesn’t matter if it’s D: E: or something else. In fact, you can choose the drive letter for yourself by setting a Custom Path under Mount Point, see step 2 at this link - Vault Management — Cryptomator 1.7.0 documentation

Thank you very much for your help. I am guessing the way I know that my Cryptomator Vault is connected to my Dropbox Account is by all this jargon which has appeared on my Dropbox Account. Is that right? Thank you.

Yes, you are right. Just don’t alter the contents of this folder on Dropbox manually. Let Cryptomator handle it.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi,

I am stuck at the moment. Would you know how I increase space in my Cryptomator vault. Please see attached. Thank you for your help.

Hey @Danni

The space in a Cryptomator vault is not limited by Cryptomator in any way. I see that your Local disk space is running out and that’s why you can’t store more files.

To avoid keeping a copy of encrypted files on your local storage you can use https://mountainduck.io/ to manage files in the cloud, which uses the same format as Cryptomator so you can use that alongside Cryptomator mobile apps.

Again, with a Mountain Duck setup, your files are only stored in the cloud (encrypted).

Thank you very much for your help. Would you know how I free space on my local disk?