Linux Mint 19.2

Hi,
I have installed Cryptomator 1.32 32-bit on Linux Mint 19.2 but it will not open when I click on it. I am very new to Linux but I have seen old posts that had a similar problem but has this been fix and can anybody help me to get it working.

Thanks

I assume you installed it via the .deb file from the Cryptomator downloads page?

Can you try running /opt/Cryptomator/Cryptomator inside a terminal window? This might display some error message that we can work with.

Sorry not sure what to do? The folder exists see photo.

Screenshot%20Crytomator

What overheadhunter asked for is the following:

1. Open a terminal
  2. Change to the application containing directory by entering cd /opt/Cryptomator and hit enter. This exact path (cd is the command) may differ, but your file browser may offer a way to find out the path
  3. Enter now ./Cryptomator and hit enter again. The application starts now giving its debug output on the console. Leave the console open until the application crashes. Copy and paste the whole output in this thread.

Thanks for telling me how to do it.

andy@chilli:/opt/Cryptomator$ ./Cryptomator
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
andy@chilli:/opt/Cryptomator$

The application crashes before it can even start the JVM. Not much information here to help you. Seems like the application starter is broken. There have been issues with it on other platforms with certain versions, too (such as JDK-8191176).

But since this is the first time we hear that the 32 bit Linux build doesn’t start I rather think that it may be linked to some library that may have changed since the release of Cryptomator 1.3.2 in 2017.