Linux - empty folder

Hi, I’ve just installed cryptomator on windows, android and linux. I can connect and add, delete edit files/folders on windows and android. There is a problem on linux ( ubuntu gnome). I can connect to vault, but folder is empty. I can create new files/folders on linux , they are not visible on linux client, but are accesible on android and windows.

This seems to be a bug, that we need to investigate.

The first step will be to try and reproduce this. Afterwards either a workaround or bugfix release will be necessary. We will post updates on this topic as soon as possible.

I’d like ta add some logs, but, there is no log… :
piotr@alien:~/.Cryptomator$ pwd
/home/piotr/.Cryptomator
piotr@alien:~/.Cryptomator$ ls
ipcPort.bin settings.json

Overheadhunter, have you reproduce it ? Tell me how to help to solve the problem.

So far I am unable to reproduce it. I did a clean install of Ubuntu 17.04 (net inst) with Gnome desktop. Installed Cryptomator via apt, created a new vault, added a folder and a file. Both are accessible (had to hit F5 in Nautilus, though).

I’ve checked on three PC (not VM). Always the same problem

0:06:42.294 [pool-4-thread-13] WARN org.cryptomator.cryptofs.CryptoDirectoryStream - Broken directory file /run/user/1000/gvfs/google-drive:host=gmail.com,user=user.user/0ByrmOhf9W0VHMXAzNWhrMXNtQVU/0ByrmOhf9W0VHSDNWY1NLMUZtNkk/d/RP/LFWJW4CORT755IA45WZ5WO5TLNCXE6/0ByrmOhf9W0VHaDNBM21qcHFMYWc. Exception: Failed to load contents of directory file at path /run/user/1000/gvfs/google-drive:host=gmail.com,user=user.user0ByrmOhf9W0VHMXAzNWhrMXNtQVU/0ByrmOhf9W0VHSDNWY1NLMUZtNkk/d/RP/LFWJW4CORT755IA45WZ5WO5TLNCXE6/0ByrmOhf9W0VHaDNBM21qcHFMYWc

… in the same time, there is no problem on windows and android.

Apparently there is a gvfs-mounted Google Drive involved. gvfs seems to be poorly supported be the JDK. Please retest with a “normal” directory.

If you don’t want to sync your Google Drive locally, you might also want to try other implementations such as google-drive-ocamlfuse.

This work around is working correctly. Thank you.

Looks like there is no good alternative for gvfs. This is unacceptable that in the middle of working just everything hangs and in my case I could not get no access until rebooted the computer. No killing etc did not help as the Cryptomator-related processes (including apps that opened files over gvfs), went zombies. Cryptomator just said that one instance is running and it will exit:

[main] INFO org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.3.1 on Linux 4.12.11-041211-generic (amd64)
[main] WARN org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator - System property cryptomator.ipcPortPath not set.
[main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.InterProcessCommunicator - Connecting to running process on TCP port 43667...
[main] INFO org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Found running application instance. Shutting down.

… and I had to abandon Cryptomator :frowning:

I have the same issue with my vault that I share over dropbox between Mac, Android and Linux. On Linux I download the file over the web interface but once I open it, it is empty. Works like a charm with Mac and Android.