Issue when i try to rename file

I use Cryptomator on Windows (Dokany mode because webdav doesn’t work before some version) and Android with a webdav vault

On Android 11 (v. 1.6.8), i can’t rename a file or a folder, i have a message error. Before i don’t have any issue with this.

I try on another smarphone (Android 11 and Android 10), i create i new vault and the issue is the same.

And what does the message say?

1 Like

Just this

In French “Une erreur est survenue” → “An error has occured”

On log file

D	20220105212006.168	RenameFolderUseCase	failed 2be05354
D	20220105212006.168	ExceptionHandler	Unexpected error
org.cryptomator.domain.exception.NotFoundException
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.network.WebDavClient.move(WebDavClient.kt:112)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.network.ConnectionHandlerHandlerImpl.move(ConnectionHandlerHandlerImpl.kt:21)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavImpl.moveFileOrFolder(WebDavImpl.kt:115)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavImpl.move(WebDavImpl.kt:106)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavCloudContentRepository$Intercepted.move(WebDavCloudContentRepository.kt:159)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavCloudContentRepository$Intercepted.move(WebDavCloudContentRepository.kt:95)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.InterceptingCloudContentRepository.move(InterceptingCloudContentRepository.kt:142)
	at org.cryptomator.data.repository.DispatchingCloudContentRepository.move(DispatchingCloudContentRepository.kt:138)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoImplVaultFormat7.move(CryptoImplVaultFormat7.kt:346)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoCloudContentRepository.move(CryptoCloudContentRepository.kt:73)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoCloudContentRepository.move(CryptoCloudContentRepository.kt:21)
	at org.cryptomator.data.repository.DispatchingCloudContentRepository.move(DispatchingCloudContentRepository.kt:126)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolder.execute(RenameFolder.java:26)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolderUseCase$Launcher$2.call(RenameFolderUseCase.java:101)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolderUseCase$Launcher$2.call(RenameFolderUseCase.java:95)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFromCallable.subscribeActual(FlowableFromCallable.java:39)
	at io.reactivex.Flowable.subscribe(Flowable.java:14935)
	at io.reactivex.Flowable.subscribe(Flowable.java:14882)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnSubscriber.run(FlowableSubscribeOn.java:82)
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ExecutorScheduler$ExecutorWorker$BooleanRunnable.run(ExecutorScheduler.java:288)
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ExecutorScheduler$ExecutorWorker.run(ExecutorScheduler.java:253)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

ErrorCode: PJ9R:9QU0
E	20220105212006.169	ExceptionHandler	org.cryptomator.domain.exception.NotFoundException
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.network.WebDavClient.move(WebDavClient.kt:112)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.network.ConnectionHandlerHandlerImpl.move(ConnectionHandlerHandlerImpl.kt:21)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavImpl.moveFileOrFolder(WebDavImpl.kt:115)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavImpl.move(WebDavImpl.kt:106)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavCloudContentRepository$Intercepted.move(WebDavCloudContentRepository.kt:159)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.webdav.WebDavCloudContentRepository$Intercepted.move(WebDavCloudContentRepository.kt:95)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.InterceptingCloudContentRepository.move(InterceptingCloudContentRepository.kt:142)
	at org.cryptomator.data.repository.DispatchingCloudContentRepository.move(DispatchingCloudContentRepository.kt:138)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoImplVaultFormat7.move(CryptoImplVaultFormat7.kt:346)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoCloudContentRepository.move(CryptoCloudContentRepository.kt:73)
	at org.cryptomator.data.cloud.crypto.CryptoCloudContentRepository.move(CryptoCloudContentRepository.kt:21)
	at org.cryptomator.data.repository.DispatchingCloudContentRepository.move(DispatchingCloudContentRepository.kt:126)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolder.execute(RenameFolder.java:26)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolderUseCase$Launcher$2.call(RenameFolderUseCase.java:101)
	at org.cryptomator.domain.usecases.cloud.RenameFolderUseCase$Launcher$2.call(RenameFolderUseCase.java:95)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableFromCallable.subscribeActual(FlowableFromCallable.java:39)
	at io.reactivex.Flowable.subscribe(Flowable.java:14935)
	at io.reactivex.Flowable.subscribe(Flowable.java:14882)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.flowable.FlowableSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnSubscriber.run(FlowableSubscribeOn.java:82)
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ExecutorScheduler$ExecutorWorker$BooleanRunnable.run(ExecutorScheduler.java:288)
	at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ExecutorScheduler$ExecutorWorker.run(ExecutorScheduler.java:253)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

ErrorCode: PJ9R:9QU0
W	20220105212006.171	Message	Une erreur est survenue
1 Like

And thank you for your interest :+1:

Thanks for the log and sorry for the late response.

Did I understand that correctly, that you can reproducible create a new vault, create a folder inside this new vault and when you try to rename the folder, you get this message?

I’m asking because from the stack trace it is possible to say, that moving the dir-file (every folder in Cryptomator’s crypto scheme have a folder ending with “c9r” and inside this folder is a “dir.c9r”-file) fails because according to the cloud, it doesn’t exists.

If you open this RenameTest folder (click on it in the Android app), I highly assume that you get a dialog with the title “Unable to load contents of directory”?

One last question: What kind of WebDAV cloud do you use?

Yes

Yes too

I found why doesn’t work.
My Webdav server is on my Synology NAS. I recently activate the reverse proxy option in DSM 7. When i open my Vault through the reverse proxy, i have this error. When i open directly on Webdav serveur with the dedicated port open on my routeur, i don’t have this issue.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for sharing your research.

The question remains what is failing in the creation of the dir-files or why the NAS thinks that this file does not exist, but then it looks like a problem of the proxy and not of Cryptomator.

1 Like

Yes,
If I find something that helps me figure out why it’s not working I’ll share it here just in case

This is my route :
https://subdomain.domain.com:XXXX → CNAME Dynamic DNS → Let’s encrypt certificat on Synology / reverse proxy on localhost http port of webdav serveur

1 Like

If you see this “Unable to load contents of directory” dialog and follow the path using a file browser on the NAS, does this file exists there? In the NAS if you browse one folder up in the cipher files and create a new folder using the Android app, a new folder should appear, if you navigate into the new folder, does this one contain a dir.c9r file?

This is a video (Google Drive)

test2 directory

test directory

Okay, so only the move of the dir.c9r file to the new folder fails. Hmmmm if an existing file is moved from foo to bar and leads to a response foo does not exist from the cloud, but in a folder listing foo exists, but this move-fail only happens with the reverse proxy I have no idea what the reason could be :thinking:

I can create, read, upload and download but not rename or move any file

Ok i found a new thing

This is my route : -Doesn’t work-
https://subdomain.domain.com:XXXX → CNAME Dynamic DNS → Let’s encrypt certificat on Synology / reverse proxy on localhost http port of webdav serveur

This is my route : -Work-
https://subdomain.domain.com:XXXX → CNAME Dynamic DNS → Let’s encrypt certificat on Synology / reverse proxy on localhost httpS port of webdav serveur

1 Like