iOS Photos Upload Shortcut

As per the recent iOS Shortcuts Guide, I added the pre-made shortcut and started a test upload with 5 photos. This seemed to work well, so I proceeded with the recommended 500 photos as per the guide. It has been two days and only a handful of photos have finished uploading. I am using pCloud with plenty of storage space remaining. Does anyone know why the upload is taking so long?

I noticed that too doing a manual backup to my vault online, still i don’t know if it s an ios problem or it s just cryptomator. Photos results in the folder but some are not yet uploaded

@aaron.bush Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:

We suspect it is related to a slow pCloud implementation. Before the release we fixed a bug, where importing photes over shortcuts was horribly slow. But this does not apply here, does it? Because then you wouldn’t even see the pictures in your vault/files app.

@zTrueFear Do you also use pCloud?

@infeo thanks for the response.

You are correct, I can see the photos in my files app. The majority of them say ‘Waiting…”, a couple of them have ‘Error’ where you can clear cache or retry upload. Trying to clear cache gives the following error ‘ The operation couldn’t be completed. (CryptomatorFileProvider.CachedFile-ManagerError error O.)’

Let me know If you need any other information.

No i use a different cloud service provided by my ISP.
I can’t say it s perfect but it does his job.

Im gonna try again from my pc with the same data and cloud, maybe it just a server issue.

Another thing i noticed; in the cryptomator app the cache resulted in 3gb, on iPhone storage was much larger (7.5gb). Cleaning the cache didn’t cleaned it all, i had to reinstall the app, could be a related bug or not i don’t know.

btw, this problem has not accured using the shortcut but by doing a manual backup.

I hope it helps, also thanks for the new iOS update, i really like it

Another thing i noticed; in the cryptomator app the cache resulted in 3gb, on iPhone storage was much larger (7.5gb). Cleaning the cache didn’t cleaned it all, i had to reinstall the app, could be a related bug or not i don’t know.

This is probably because the remaining 4.5GB have not been uploaded yet. This is because the files that have not yet been uploaded cannot yet be removed locally and therefore do not count towards the displayed cache size.

Yeah i thought the same but what is the problem? iOS or my cloud? I waited for weeks and the phone have not tried to upload them again and i could upload anything else on the same cloud in the meanwhile

Same problem here. I used shortcut and automation as suggested, and have the shortcut executed every night. However most of the pics do not get uploaded, although I limited the number of pics to 100 (default was 120 from the shortcut). Actual daily number of pics is on the order of 10, and only a fraction gets uploaded. Of course, manual uploading of the pics with the one-way-street-sign is possible, but quite tedious and not in the true sense of cloud integration of photos.

config:
iphone 12
iOS 15.6.1
cryptomator 2.4.1(997)
nextcloud via WebDAV from hosting.de