I appreciate the Cryptomator team posting such a detailed guide for iOS shortcuts. Toward the end, they say, “To fully automate your photo upload, you should run a shortcut using an automation. To do this, create a new automation in the Shortcuts app. You don’t have to create the whole shortcut again. You can just add the action “Execute Shortcut” and select the previously created shortcut.”
This is the part I get stuck on. Any chance someone can tell me the steps to create the automation?
It’s quite possible that Apple has changed the workflow a bit on iOS 16.
- Tap on “Automation” at the bottom.
- Tap on “Create Personal Automation” (or if you already have one, tap “+” at the top right first)
- Now select any condition that you’d like, e.g., “Time Of Day” or “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap on “Add Action”.
- Search for “Run Shortcut” (I’m quite sure that it was “Execute Shortcut” in the past) or select “Scripting” and scroll down to the Shortcuts section to find it.
- Tap on the “Shortcut” placeholder and select the previously created shortcut.
Does that help?