Help with Android App

I use Cryptomator on Android and Windows to access a vault in the cloud. I just noticed that when I update a text file in the Android Cryptomator app, I don’t see those changes when I open the file in the virtual drive in Windows, and vice-versa. Also, if I create a new text file in the Android app, it doesn’t show up in the virtual drive in Windows. Another problem is that the Android app doesn’t show the correct timestamps for files I’ve modified in Windows, it reports that they haven’t been updated in a long time when they’ve been updated recently. I tried selecting “Refresh” in the app but it doesn’t help. I think this means that the text file must be cached on my phone. I have the following questions:

1. How can I get the Android app to be in sync with the vault in the cloud?
  2. Where is the cached copy on my phone?
  3. Is the cached copy encrypted?

I’m using latest version of Cryptomator on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. On my PC I use Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

How can I get the Android app to be in sync with the vault in the cloud?

What sync/cloud provider are you using? Cryptomator doesn’t do any syncing itself. It relies on a third party i.e. dropbox, onedrive etc. to sync files. So if you have a sync problem, it has nothing to do (most likely) with Cryptomator.

The apps don’t sync. They connect directly to the online vault.

It turns out that Google’s ‘backup and sync’ software on my PC hadn’t written my latest changes back to the cloud. After doing a sync on my PC, I see the changes in the Android app on my phone.