Ghost directories when syncing with Resilio Sync

Hi,

I am syncing my Cryptomator store with Resilio Sync. Now and then I am experiencing a weird bug that seems to happen because of the combination of Cryptomator and Resilio Sync.

The bug occurs when I rename an exisiting directory with content in it. E.g. when I rename a directory from “sport” to “acitivites”. Sometimes the original folder “sport” reappears after ResilioSync synced the changes to the other hosts. The result is that I have both folders “sport” and “activities” in my Cryptomator store, both containing the same documents.

So the first time I thought - ok, just delete the old directory, seems to be a resync triggered from Resilio but when I do, the new folder also gets deleted. So when I delete “sport”, the folder “activities” also gets removed. This is pretty bad because the first time I noticed the missing directory a week later.

Last little thing … When I want to recreate the new folder “activites”, Windows Explorer throws an error like “the source file or volume can not be read” (“die Quelldatei oder vom Quelldatenträger kann nicht gelesen werden” in German).

Anyone a clou how I can avoid this from happening? It’s breaking my current setup because of this bug I cannot relate on my Cryptomator store to be saved correctly.

Regards Daniel

Resilio and WebDAV did cause problems in the past.
See here: Corrupted/missing folders within vault

I guess your problem is also caused by windows webdav.
Can you please try the cryptomator 1.4 Beta2 and switch to FUSE instead of WebDAV and report if the issue is still existing?

Sure, I’ll give feedback as soon I can. Thanks!

Is there any difference in how Cryptomator connects when using FUSE as connector? I switched to FUSE and still Cryptomator opens a connection that seems to be WebDAV. Also with “net use” the connection string ist the same and states “Web Client Network”.

Only when using DOKANY, the store gets connected as local virtual drive.

However, I’ll give FUSE and DOKANY a try.

Windows WebDAV is the windows build in interface for network drives. FUSE and Dokany are just 3rd party interfaces which do a better job than windows.
(I’m not a network pro, but that’s how I understand it)

Hi, short feedback after one day of using the beta with FUSE: Works like a charm. Thank you for the hint!

Daniel