First Beta of Cryptomator 1.5.0

Great to hear, going to test it with google drive file stream. I don’t expect much success but it’s worth a try, thanks for making this awesome program.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Do you have a signup page or are you just going to throw a link up here?

iOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/w91xUvMq
Android: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.cryptomator

Just out of interest in there a technical reason that the new version doesn’t have a start with Windows option?

this is on the roadmap:

1 Like

It’s done :tada: also the Android 1.5.0 beta version is released and does support the basic operations of vault format 7. The support for long file names will be added in the next beta update in a few days. Apart of that, we introduce a few other features and fixes (the most important):

• Added offline cache
  • Added option to lock vault immediately when Cryptomator is closed or in background
  • Added possibility to close the vault while a file is open after the timeout of the vault (changes may get lost)
  • Fixed and improved auto photo upload (e.g., after device reboot or on Android 10 under certain conditions)
  • Improved general stability

You can test this version by subscribing to our beta channel. We’re really interested in your feedback!

2 Likes

Hi @overheadhunter . I started with Version 1.5 and have already some feedback.
To be sure to have the easiest way for you (and other testers) to work with that feedback, where/how do you want me (and others) to send it to? One post for each issue here in the board? all issues here in this thread? or only on github? or is there any other way for feedback that I just don’t noticed?
Could not find specific information about the feedback process in the github release notes.

It kind of depends on the level of abstractness:

• For general feedback, feel free to just reply on this thread.
  • If you have rough ideas that you want to discuss on a non-technical basis, rather create a new thread in this forum. Once you feel you can express the idea as a well-defined feature request, head over to GitHub.
  • If you found reproducable bugs, better create a new issue on GitHub directly (each bug in a separate issue, please). Please look for existing issues first. If you’re unsure, if an existing issue is the same or just related, create a new issue. We can still mark it as a duplicate.
  • If you miss features that were present in 1.4.x, use GitHub as well.

The rule of thumb is: If you are 90% certain that the only discussion will be of technical nature, directly create issues on GitHub. If you think you have some ideas or feedback that might be seen differently depending on the opinion of other users and can’t yet be clearly poured into a distinctive feature request, try to keep the discussion in the forum.

(Note to myself: We need to document this in our official docs)

Thank you.
I have created some github issues, a new post in this board, and heres my general feedback so far: it looks great to me. I had only one major issue when opening my vaults that only could be solved by killing the cryptomator process. unfortunately I am not able to reproduce it, so I just will have an eye on that.
As soon as my syncs are done (takes some time), Im happy to have a look at the iOS app.
@overheadhunter: just a minor question: is there a reason why there is a progress bar when migrating a vault with webdav, but there is none with dokany (well, there is one but it does not show the actual progress state but only that the progress is still running) ?

Migration doesn’t know how you want to mount a drive. The progress bar only depends on the number of items in the vault and the storage medium it is on. Small vaults on SSDs will migrate so quickly that you will only see the migration preparation but no actual progress. It just happens instantaneously.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto photo upload

So maybe I’m just dumb, but I can’t find any documentation of vault format 7? Can someone point me to the relevant discussions on Github?

The design goals have been defined primarily around these issues. The final specs for the file name encryption is already documented in the develop branch of our documentation page.

I think we should also add a “vault version history” in the docs, I’ll put it on my to-do list. I created a gist some months ago that summarizes the changes from v6 to v7:

Ah, ok. Didn’t even think to check the milestones tab o_o

Glad to see that the changes are just filename related and not cryptographic.

TestFlight for IOS expired for 1.5 cryptomator
regards Christian

2 Likes

@tobihagemann
would be nice if you guys can extend the test period asap so that we can access the 1.5 format data from the road again.

1 Like

Oh yes, will do! :+1:

2 Likes

That was fast. Thank you.

I think I spotted a small cosmetic error message “vault cannot be created…” not cleared when error is corrected on 1.5.0 Beta 3.
How to create:
add vault, create a new vault, choose a name for a vault, custom location, choose, now pick an excisting folder with some content (the folder you want to encrypt but should not already exist),
now you receive an (correct) error message “vault cannot be created at this path because some object already exists”, click back, remove the folder, click next,
now you get the same error, but the path at the storage location does not exist anymore, and you cannot select “next”, so it looks like an incorrect message (message not cleared).
If you selcect the “choose” option again and you select the (same) location, then you still get the (incorrect) error message, but you can select the “next” button and continue to create the vault, no harm done.