Finder jumps back to root directory after opening a folder

Hi,

I have another problem. I am still trying to get some logs however it’s not easy to reproduce. Basically I leave my Cryptomator WebDav volume mounted and unlocked overnight. The next day I try to open a folder in the root directory. First for maybe 1-2 seconds it seems to work and finder shows the content of this folder. However after the short time finder somehow jumps back up to the root directory. If I lock the vault and unmount. And then unlock and mount it again everything seemingly works fine. So I assume it’s only after longer periods of inactivity.

I restarted my Cryptomator now with debug mode for logs and will update this post if the problems happen again.

Sounds like the known issue: Cryptomator Drive Disappears Under Load - macOS High Sierra

In summary, Apple has to fix the WebDAV client in Finder with High Sierra. Unfortunately, we have no idea if and when they’re going to fix it.

However, this only happens with WebDAV. We haven’t finished the switch to FUSE yet but we released a first beta version of 1.4.0 which you are welcome to test. But I would like to point out that it is beta software and you should back up your data before using it: https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/releases/tag/1.4.0-beta1

Edit: You can verify if it’s really this issue by checking out this directory because you won’t find anything in the Cryptomator logs: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

If you see crash reports of webdavfs_agent, then it’s the aforementioned issue.

Is the support for FUSE still in beta? I am using macOS Mojave 10.14.1, Cryptomator 1.4.0 and Fuse 3.8.2. I have tons of issues with the Finder navigation of the Cryptomator backed FUSE volume. The data seems to stay in the correct state, but Finder jumps directories. Sometimes folders are shown multiple times (folders are not actually duplicated). The folders also flash as the metadata is updated.