Error occuring loading vault from disk on desktop (Mac)

I am getting this error and I can not figure out how to access my vault again.

I can access my vault through the iOS app, just not on my Mac.

I tried removing the vault and adding it back again using the vault.cryptomator but it still gives me this error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Error Code 6PHE:N0A7:N0A7
org.cryptomator.cryptofs.VaultConfigLoadException: Failed to parse config: 
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs@2.4.4/org.cryptomator.cryptofs.VaultConfig.decode(VaultConfig.java:115)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultConfigCache.readConfigFromStorage(VaultConfigCache.java:62)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultConfigCache.reloadConfig(VaultConfigCache.java:30)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultListManager.create(VaultListManager.java:100)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultListManager.lambda$add$0(VaultListManager.java:65)
	at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultListManager.add(VaultListManager.java:64)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.15/org.cryptomator.ui.addvaultwizard.ChooseExistingVaultController.chooseFileAndNext(ChooseExistingVaultController.java:83)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javafx.reflect.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:77)
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.reflect.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
	at javafx.fxml@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.fxml.MethodHelper.invoke(MethodHelper.java:84)
	at javafx.fxml@18.0.2/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1854)
	at javafx.fxml@18.0.2/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1724)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8797)
	at javafx.controls@18.0.2/javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:203)
	at javafx.controls@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:208)
	at javafx.controls@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.inputmap.InputMap.handle(InputMap.java:274)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:247)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
	at javafx.base@18.0.2/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3881)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/javafx.scene.Scene.processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1874)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2607)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:411)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:301)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$2(GlassViewEventHandler.java:450)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:424)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:449)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:551)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
	at javafx.graphics@18.0.2/com.sun.glass.ui.mac.MacView.notifyMouse(MacView.java:127)

Welcome to the Cryptomator Community :slightly_smiling_face:,

did you looked up the error code in our error database?

Remark: You can directly open the error database from the UI:

Hello! Yes I did look up the error. I tried infeo’s solution #1919 but it’s giving me the same error.

Would it be possible to de-encrypt the vault using my iOS app, and try encrypting again?

Can you post the file content of vault.cryptomator when opened with a texteditor?

Sure. This is the backup as I’ve overwritten the original, but it’s still giving me the same error.

eyJraWQiOiJtYXN0ZXJrZXlmaWxlOm1hc3RlcmtleS5jcnlwdG9tYXRvciIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCIsImFsZyI6IkhTMjU2In0.eyJmb3JtYXQiOjgsInNob3J0ZW5pbmdUaHJlc2hvbGQiOjIyMCwianRpIjoiYWQ4OWI2ZTktMjYwYi00NmUzLWJmOTgtOGQwYzJjNTMxODgzIiwiY2lwaGVyQ29tYm8iOiJTSVZfQ1RSTUFDIn0.2h-zM-0kxi7nCCGCb5ZHCvLk2ECIbbap5LiWph9vI0w

The content seems to be fine, nothing unexpected there.

My next guess is, that the file cannot be accessed by Cryptomator properly. Is the file locally available? If you are using iClouds “online”-Feature, ensure that the whole vault is downloaded to the device and offline available.

I’m using Dropbox. Should I move this file to my computer locally and then try creating the vault?

Is the file not locally available?

The general rule of thumb is, that the complete vault has to be locally available in order to unlock it and browse its content.

This worked. Thank you so much!!