[ERROR] o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Mount failed

Hi,
I use cryptomator on an Archlinux.
I’ve got a trouble to mount the volume. This is the log:

[ERROR] o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Mount failed.
org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 2. Expected 0. Stderr: This tool has been deprecated, use 'gio mount' instead.
See 'gio help mount' for more info.

I don’t know what is “gio” and how can I use it.

Thank for your help!

I am using Manjaro, and Cryptomator works great.
Have you enabled these two dependencies before installing ?
java-runtime=8
java-openjfx

Good luck…

Just for Info. ‘bowman’, Cryptomator is in Archlinux AUR but at the moment its not the latest version.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cryptomator/

I Paulm1,

The version I am using is 1.3.2-1. It’s the latest.

The dependancies java-runtime=8, java-openjfx and java-runtime-openjdk=8 are installed.

I tried to re-install cryptomator, no effects.

I’m searching…

For Info Ver 1.3.3 is the latest…
You can also use the java version, using the terminal.
First download the java version https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/releases
Put Cryptomator-1.3.3.jar into your /home folder
Then in the terminal > java -jar /home/YOUR NAME/Cryptomater-1.3.3.jar <
(worked good for me)
Have fun mate.

Hi Paulm1,

I tried your solution, but it’s the same trouble again…

15:00:48.662 [pool-3-thread-1] INFO  o.c.f.w.s.WebDavServletController - Mounting http://localhost:42427/R0tuWjXXRrHP/Cryptomachin using org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.LinuxGvfsMounter
15:00:52.778 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Mount failed.
org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 2. Expected 0. Stderr: This tool has been deprecated, use 'gio mount' instead.

:confused:

Well my friend I am afraid I don’t know the answer to your problem…
I did send a couple of my screenshots via email. Did yo see them?
Does Cryptomator fail to install completely on your OS, or installs but fails to run?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Cryptomator fail to run.
It was operational few times ago, and one day, it didn’t work… Why? I don’t know…

I think about a trouble when cryptomator tries to mount the volume, but I don’t know why…

It might be worth removing completely, and then searching for any files left over using “Catfish” and remove. Then do a reinstall again with a fresh version. Worth a try?

I found a track…
I’m using Cryptomator to encrypt my datas sent on OVH hubiC cloud.
But I’ve a trouble with hubiC too. It is in relation with mono.
So, first, I’ve to fix the trouble with mono and hubiC, then I will see if the trouble with Cryptomator will be fix too.

EDIT: I fixed the trouble with mono, but the trouble with Cryptomator is still here…

Thanks for your updated info.
Yep it looks like a conflict with Cryptomator, your OVC, and the cloud server …
Perhaps one way to protect data that you are putting on the hubiC cloud, would be to encrypt the files on your computer before sending them to the cloud?
A simple app. you could use is "aescrypt"
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aescrypt/
Just an idea, good luck :wink:

any luck fixing this?

I am having the same issue on Arch with Cryptomator 1.3.3-1

08:22:35.493 [pool-3-thread-4] [WARN ] o.c.f.webdav.mount.FallbackMounter - No applicable strategy has been found for your system. Please use a WebDAV client of your choice to mount: http://localhost:42427/2QL9rtATQosE/Keychain
08:22:35.493 [JavaFX Application Thread] [ERROR] o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Mount failed.
org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: No mounting strategy found.
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.FallbackMounter.mount(FallbackMounter.java:15)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.servlet.WebDavServletController.mount(WebDavServletController.java:102)
at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.mount(Vault.java:140)
at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UnlockedController.lambda$mountVault$1(UnlockedController.java:164)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.lambda$asyncTaskOf$0(AsyncTaskService.java:43)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService$AsyncTaskImpl.lambda$null$6(AsyncTaskService.java:106)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.logExceptions(AsyncTaskService.java:135)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.access$100(AsyncTaskService.java:24)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService$AsyncTaskImpl.lambda$run$7(AsyncTaskService.java:104)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I did some tests with different clouds and found that Cryptomator will work good on Manjaro if the cloud service syncs with a file on the home folder. I have have used: Google Drive, Dropbox, Tresorit, PCloud and SpiderOak (all use a folder on the home folder). Cryptomator worked perfect with them.

The following Free versions that DO NOT use a sync folder: Hubic, Flipdrive, Mediadrive and Opendrive and will not work with Cryptomator. They all work well from a web browser (Firefox in my case). I found its best to Zip (7z) the File or Folder and then encrypt it with ZuluCrypt or AES, before uploading to the cloud (both encryptions types worked fine for me)
Hope this may help, have fun…

That’s very strange. For me, it doesn’t even mount a vault saved to the hard disk. And I get the same error when I switch to webdav in the settings. Any ideas?

Perhaps you could give me a few details please, what Linux OS are you using? Also what Cloud service or services are you using ?
Thanks…

I am using Archlinux. I ran Cryptomator in debug mode. It turns out the connection times out when using a webdav service that doesn’t sync to the harddrive. Dropbox did actually work.

Below is the error I get:

[JavaFX Application Thread] [ERROR] o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Mount failed.
org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.ProcessUtil$CommandTimeoutException: Command timed out.
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.ProcessUtil.waitFor(ProcessUtil.java:68)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.ProcessUtil.startAndWaitFor(ProcessUtil.java:48)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.LinuxGvfsMounter.mount(LinuxGvfsMounter.java:39)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.servlet.WebDavServletController.mount(WebDavServletController.java:102)
at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.mount(Vault.java:140)
at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UnlockedController.lambda$mountVault$1(UnlockedController.java:164)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.lambda$asyncTaskOf$0(AsyncTaskService.java:43)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService$AsyncTaskImpl.lambda$null$6(AsyncTaskService.java:106)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.logExceptions(AsyncTaskService.java:135)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService.access$100(AsyncTaskService.java:24)
at org.cryptomator.ui.util.AsyncTaskService$AsyncTaskImpl.lambda$run$7(AsyncTaskService.java:104)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I specifically started using Cryptomator because it works on android phones besides windows and linux. Most other ecryption tools require subscription vs a one-time fee for Cryptomator.

Sorry I don’t know what your problem is :disappointed: …perhaps someone else can help you?
All I can say is that I have used Cryotomator from two sources. One from the Arch AUR. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cryptomator/
and the other using the java version 1.3.3.
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/releases
Both were successful. using the terminal.