Given what I’ve seen here so far, I’m not very hopeful of getting a reply, but I’m reporting this anyway in the hopes that the developer sees it and can hopefully look into it.
Since I upgraded to the new version (1.5.2 exe-166) a couple of days ago, I’ve noticed an odd behavior when it comes to handling lots (hundreds) of files.
I’ve got a local directory that’s encrypted, and under it are several subdirectories with hundreds of pictures in them. Since upgrading to the new version, performance has definitely improved over the previous version. However, I’ve encountered an odd situation that never happened with the previous version - it seems to lose track of what file is what. I’ll be viewing a given directory with Windows Explorer, and while the thumbnails will be correct for each picture, sometimes it will display the wrong picture when I double-click on it. For example, if I’ve got “flower.jpg” and the thumbnail next to it is “tree.jpg,” both thumbnails will be correct. If I double-click flower.jpg, I see the flower. If I double-click tree.jpg - I see the image of the flower. If I click the flower, which shows the flower, and within the image viewing software I press the right arrow to advance to the next image, it still shows the flower, even though the filename in the title bar shows “tree.jpg” as the filename being displayed.
If I lock the private directory and then unlock it again, Windows Explorer may well then get it right for those two, but then other files will end up being “combined” in this way. I.E., flower.jpg and tree.jpg will display correctly, but bear.jpg and otter.jpg will now do the duplication trick. Sometimes several files will get stuck this way - car.jpg, truck.jpg, airplane.jpg & boat.jpg might all show the same image when double-clicking them, even though the thumbnails are all correct.
So far in my limited testing, I’ve found that this is only happening when the virtual drive type is set to Dokany. If I switch it to WebDAV, I haven’t seen the symptoms occur.
I’ve got my Quicken data files on my Dropbox account and am using Cryptomator to keep them safe; I can’t afford to have this happen when I’m running Quicken; it could corrupt the data being used by the program or cause other errors as the program tries to deal with it. So since WebDAV seems to be more stable at the moment, I’m leaving the virtual drive type set as that for now.
While browsing through here, I’ve seen a couple of postings saying that the virtual drive letters were occasionally disappearing. I’ve been seeing that as well. I can lock and re-lock to get the drive letter back, but that shouldn’t happen.
I hope that these issues can be resolved quickly.