Does Icedrive for Windows cause conflicts with Cryptomator?

Hi team,

I’ve been using Cryptomator successfully for months on Windows, and it’s been excellent.

Today, though, I happened to install the Icedrive Windows client, which seems to include a dokany driver. After rebooting, Cryptomator now gives me the error below.

I might try reinstalling Cryptomator, but I wonder if that will then cause Icedrive to fail. Will see.

Note that this is an issue with the installed version of Icedrive. The portable version doesn’t mount the drive to a letter and doesn’t use dokany.

If anyone has any insight into the root cause or a workaround, it would be great to know.

Error Code TMN6:3HIN:3SJV
org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Volume$VolumeException: Unable to mount Filesystem
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.DokanyVolume.mount(DokanyVolume.java:48)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:153)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.ui.keyloading.KeyLoadingStrategy.use(KeyLoadingStrategy.java:79)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.attemptUnlock(UnlockWorkflow.java:71)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:61)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:34)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.DokanyMountFailedException: Error while mounting.
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany@1.3.3/org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.MountFactory.mount(MountFactory.java:130)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany@1.3.3/org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.MountFactory.mount(MountFactory.java:116)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.DokanyVolume.mount(DokanyVolume.java:43)
	... 12 more
Caused by: com.dokany.java.DokanyException: Dokany not properly installed (Reported versions: 141/0
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany@1.3.3/com.dokany.java.DokanyMount.checkReportedVersions(DokanyMount.java:140)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany@1.3.3/com.dokany.java.DokanyMount.mount(DokanyMount.java:88)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany@1.3.3/org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.MountFactory.mount(MountFactory.java:126)
	... 14 more

OK, so I found the error mentioned on Github and apparently Cryptomator doesn’t support dokany 2.0, it requires 1.x. Maybe Icedrive uses 2.0, I’m not sure.

I’ll try removing 2.0 and installing 1.x again and see if that fixes things.

Looks like there are problems with the dokany installation. I also assume that an uninstall of dokany and install of version 1.x might fix it. If not you can use WinSFP (fuse) for cryptomator instead of dokany. Then you can use the icedrive installed dokany version for the icedrive client

1 Like

You can also install Dokany 2.x and 1.x next to each other. No need to remove it.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the tip about trying FUSE. I hadn’t noticed that new option, and that appears to work well from my initial test. Hopefully that solves my problem. :blush: