Development tools and environment

Hi,
what development tools and environement are needed to compile Cryptomator, and is there a description available for this?

Compiling for OS: Windows 10 and Android

Thanks.

For Cryptomator 1.3, see Build with eclipse or netbeans. Use the latest JDK 8 version and you shouldn’t have to bother with JCE.

For Cryptomator 1.4, we switched from Eclipse to IntelliJ IDEA because the JDK 9 compatible versions of Eclipse contain changes to the compiler that didn’t get along with code generated by Dagger. Could be fixed in the meantime though but I haven’t tried it. I think you can’t download JDK 9 anymore but JDK 10 works fine, too.

Cryptomator for Android is not fully open-source, so you can’t build it from source.

What part is not open sourced?

The UI and cloud storage backend interfaces. Currently, just the encryption code is open sourced.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response.

Btw I have a question pertaining to account authorization. Permission a user grant to cryptomator to access his/her cloud account. Is it a local permission restricted to that specific app installation or a global permission?

Only for that specific device. We can not sync authorization grants, as they are handled by the the third party service (dropbox, onedrive, etc).

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that up, on risk of sounding noob and naive the reason i asked that specific question was in regards to ES explorer. I wanted to understand if using it as a cloud manager for normal stuff is safe. Considering its Chinese and closed source and also gets authority to access my whole drive once I authorized it. What are your thoughts , do u have any recommendation or any app u personally prefer for such cloud management.