Cryptomator within Google Drive Issue

I’m having an issue with Cryptomator on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6.

I initially set this up on my windows 10 pc, then I purchased a macbook and synced the google drive to my macbook. Now I’m trying to unlock the drive and it throws an error: Unable to contact localhost.

So I do nano /etc/hosts and look and everything is as it should be per another post I had read.

Unsure how to get this working on my macbook. Here is a copy of the code it threw after clicking ok.

org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Volume$VolumeException: org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 1. Expected 0. Stderr: 0:65: execution error: An error of type -5014 has occurred. (-5014)

at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mount(WebDavVolume.java:65)
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mount(WebDavVolume.java:49)
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:129)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.attemptUnlock(UnlockWorkflow.java:103)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:80)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:43)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.Mounter$CommandFailedException: Command failed with exit code 1. Expected 0. Stderr: 0:65: execution error: An error of type -5014 has occurred. (-5014)

at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.ProcessUtil.assertExitValue(ProcessUtil.java:28)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.mount.MacAppleScriptMounter.mount(MacAppleScriptMounter.java:50)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.webdav.servlet.WebDavServletController.mount(WebDavServletController.java:102)
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.WebDavVolume.mount(WebDavVolume.java:62)
	... 12 more

I also tested out ajaxbrowser as well Cmd+K and connected both http/https and it connects fine. So I’m at a loss here as to how to get this to work with the macbook.

I’m still learning mac’s, have only messed around with them for 2 days now.

It’s weird that you are getting such errors even though the Mac is kind of new. Did you install third-party antivirus/firewall software? They may interfere but that’s just a wild guess.

Anyhow, we recommend installing FUSE for macOS. FUSE is optional but offers better integration into macOS than WebDAV.

I’ll give that a shot, thanks.

Hey I encountered this exact issue with Catalina 10.15.6, it seems to occur if I had spaces in the vault name, maybe see if that’s what is happening for you?

Was looking at the logs and it said a filepath wasn’t found, so my best guess (as a developer myself) is the space char encoding is throwing something off. Hopefully a bug that can be fixed!