Cryptomator shows empty folder on Windows 10. Files are fine in Android app

Hi, I run Cryptomator inside my Dropbox. This has worked perfectly fine for the last year. Now all of a sudden on my Windows 10 desktop PC the opened Cryptomator folder is shown as empty. I can see the Encrypted folder in my Dropbox (which is fully syncronized to my SSD), the masterkey file etc.

I purchased the Android app and from there I can still access the files.

Some of my logfiles are also 25 Megabytes up to 100 Megabytes. The newest one (where I first noticed the error) is only 10kb and contains some messages like this one:

10:21:05.473 [webdav-013] WARN o.c.cryptofs.CryptoPathMapper - Did not find valid content inside of F:\Dropbox\Encrypted\d\KE\OHD6IQFVGI2W6VVJZAPS3IPMOWEE33-wmgp8k1uCtnf7iiXNqcvcepMO3IsvOyoHz6BA==.c9r

I run the latest version of Cryptomator. What should I do to fix this?

After opening this new thread I can see that there are multiple discussions about this issue. Should my topic be closed and if yes where should we continue the discussion? Thanks

Are you sure there is no additional \ somewhere in this message? Inside of d\KE there should be another subdirectory instead of .c9r files.

If it this file really exists, Can you find out what program created it? Maybe the Dropbox log or revision history shows some more info.

Hi @overheadhunter

I copied the message directly from the log file. I just checked it, wmgp8k1uCtnf7iiXNqcvcepMO3IsvOyoHz6BA==.c9r is actually a folder (which is empty).

The original log entry is as follows:
10:21:05.473 [webdav-013] WARN o.c.cryptofs.CryptoPathMapper - Did not find valid content inside of F:\Dropbox\Encrypted\d\KE\OHD6IQFVGI2W6VVJZAPS3IPMOWEE33-wmgp8k1uCtnf7iiXNqcvcepMO3IsvOyoHz6BA==.c9r
10:21:05.474 [webdav-013] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel - handleException /jTxRPjvMJcIK/Encrypted/ java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /MSI7d74c.tmp: Could not determine type of file F:\Dropbox\Encrypted\d\KE\OHD6IQFVGI2W6VVJZAPS3IPMOWEE33-wmgp8k1uCtnf7iiXNqcvcepMO3IsvOyoHz6BA==.c9r

I wonder what is going on here with cryptomator not showing my files and the log files being like 100mb - any ideas?

That itself would be ok.

But what I was wondering is the part before: OHD6IQFVGI2W6VVJZAPS3IPMOWEE33-. Where does this come from?

It should be sth like d\KE\OHD6IQFVGI2W6VVJZAPS3IPMOWEE33\wmgp8k1uCtnf7iiXNqcvcepMO3IsvOyoHz6BA==.c9r.

I can’t find any info how this folder was created (I checked in dropbox online and in windows explorer file history).

Is it normal behavior that log files get this big (100mb)? Any idea what I should do to make the files visible in Windows?