“Cryptomator on Onedrive” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found (Finder Favourites MacOS Big Sur)

Hi Community,

when I click on my mounted Cryptomator volume in the favourites in my Finder, I get the error message

“Cryptomator on Onedrive” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

When I go via “reveal” in the Cryptomator menu, the volume shows correctly in a Finder window.
Is that a known bug? Or can I improve this situation via a configuration tweak or workaround?

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

Same for me - can’t say if it was the last Cryptomator, Fuse or macOS update but somehow the automount on startup seems broken - or kicks in to soon as I expect

If you wait a bit, you are able to mount and reveal the vaults and can even add them again to the sidebar and it works fine till the next reboot …

As said, I expect Cryptomator tries to unlock the vaults before fuse is running properly in the background and as it can’t automount the shortcuts get disabled and …

org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Volume$VolumeException: Unable to mount Filesystem
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:54)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:41)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:151)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.attemptUnlock(UnlockWorkflow.java:100)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:81)
at org.cryptomator.ui.unlock.UnlockWorkflow.call(UnlockWorkflow.java:44)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.FuseMountException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: fuse init() not called after 10000 milliseconds.
at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.AbstractMounter.mount(AbstractMounter.java:48)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.Mounter.mount(Mounter.java:15)
at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:52)
… 12 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: fuse init() not called after 10000 milliseconds.
at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.ReadOnlyAdapter.awaitInitCall(ReadOnlyAdapter.java:290)
at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.AbstractMounter.mount(AbstractMounter.java:39)
… 14 more

1 Like