Cryptomator network share not visible in Windows 10 (after upgrade from Windows 7)

Hello,

I had to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the last days, because of the end of support for Windows 7.

In Windows 7 everything works fine. But I have now the following problem in Windows 10:
Cryptomator makes a network share with WebDav and I can see the drive in Windows explorer and can access it without problems.

But with my video recording software from D-Link “ViewCam” I cannot see the network drive of Cryptomator. So I cannot save the videos as I did always on those network share.

I have tried many things, ViewCam is up to date and Windows 10 too. I tried the workaround with the registry and also with the User Account Control (UAC).

But it is still not visible. Can someone help me?

Regards,
Kobby

Please excuse the relatively obvious suggestion, but have you tried clicking “Reveal Drive” from the drop-down menu? What happens when you do?

Hello nickd,

I do not know, what you mean. I do not have any drop-down menu and as I already wrote, the drive is not displayed in the application ViewCam:

The network share / cryptomator drive is already configured in ViewCam (= E:), but not accessable/found.

Does this happen both for WebDAV and Dokany mounted vaults?

If the software needs elevated user rights (or at least the process of saving) then it won’t work with Dokany :

Edit: Changed language to english, added constraint that Dokany must be used.

Hello,

I am using the standard in Windows 10: WebDAV.
I dont use Dokany or FUSE.

The only way, which works is at the moment to disable Windows UAC.
And this is a really security problem… :frowning:

Sorry, i missed that you are using WebDAV :o
Mhm, maybe your software does not have the right to access a network share. Maybe it needs some firewall permissions or added to a group of trusted programs :thinking:

Otherwise i suggest to install Dokany and try it with the Dokany vault provider.