Cryptomator Mount not showing in Mac Os Finder

Hi I have been using Cryptomator for years but suddenly it has stopped being mounted in Finder. I am using Cryptomator 1.4.15(1442), Mac Os Mojave 10.14.6, Fuse 3.10.3.
When unlocking it never shows the green decrypted data and gives “Command Failed” near the Lock Vault button. The files are stored on OneDrive

Please open your Console.app and check the file under ~/Library/Logs/Cryptomator/ for errors.

If you post excerpts from the log here, please keep in mind that the log files might contain file paths from your system. Feel free to redact them.

I started Cryptomator in debug mode and then open the log file as below:

10:18:10.125 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.4.15 on Mac OS X 10.14.6 (x86_64)
10:18:10.129 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode - Debug mode enabled
10:18:10.141 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Client] Reading IPC port from /Users/gtleibbrant/Library/Application Support/Cryptomator/ipcPort.bin
10:18:10.143 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Client] Connecting to port 49294...
10:18:11.043 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Client] Failed to connect.
10:18:11.287 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.IpcFactory - [Server] Wrote IPC port 49335 to /Users/gtleibbrant/Library/Application Support/Cryptomator/ipcPort.bin
10:18:11.291 [main] INFO  o.c.launcher.IpcProtocolImpl - Received launch args:
10:18:11.294 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Did not find running application instance. Launching GUI...
10:18:12.744 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - JavaFX application started.
10:18:12.801 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Loaded localization default file: /localization/en.txt
10:18:12.802 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Detected language "en" and region "ZA"
10:18:12.808 [JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Attempting to load localization from: /localization/en_ZA.txt
10:18:12.809 [JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Attempting to load localization from: /localization/en.txt
10:18:13.058 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.jni.JniModule - loaded libMacFunctions.dylib
10:18:23.608 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.controllers.WelcomeController - Current version: 1.4.15, lastest version: 1.4.15
10:20:58.284 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.controllers.WelcomeController - Current version: 1.4.15, lastest version: 1.4.15
10:21:20.837 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG o.cryptomator.cryptofs.ReadonlyFlag - Vault opened for read and write.
10:21:22.116 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume - Successfully created mount point: /Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0
10:21:25.243 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume - Revealing the vault in file manger failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "open" (in direc$
10:21:25.304 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR o.c.u.controllers.UnlockedController - Reveal failed.
org.cryptomator.ui.model.Volume$VolumeException: org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.CommandFailedException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "open" (in directory "/Volume$
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.reveal(FuseVolume.java:122)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.reveal(Vault.java:167)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.controllers.UnlockedController.lambda$revealVault$7(UnlockedController.java:175)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks.lambda$create$0(Tasks.java:33)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.util.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
        at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.CommandFailedException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "open" (in directory "/Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0"): error=2, No such f$
        at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.ProcessUtil.startAndWaitFor(ProcessUtil.java:49)
        at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.AbstractMount.revealInFileManager(AbstractMount.java:41)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.reveal(FuseVolume.java:119)
        ... 11 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "open" (in directory "/Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0"): error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071)
        at org.cryptomator.frontend.fuse.mount.ProcessUtil.startAndWaitFor(ProcessUtil.java:45)
        ... 13 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:340)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:271)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1107)
        ... 15 common frames omitted
10:21:25.516 [Thread-12] TRACE o.c.frontend.fuse.ReadOnlyAdapter - statfs / (123483889664 / 500068036608)
10:21:25.533 [Thread-11] TRACE o.c.frontend.fuse.locks.LockManager - Creating ReadWriteLock for []

Can you please open a terminal window and type which open (and then hit return)?

which open
/usr/bin/open

I don’t get it. The error clearly says:

Cannot run program "open" (in directory "/Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0"): error=2, No such file or directory

I.e. either open does not exist or /Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0. According to which, open does exist. And according to the log, the mountpoint was created at 10:21:22.116.

When I installed the latest release of Cryptomator is the first time I have used Fuse, and that is when the problems started. Should I remove Fuse.

Can you open /Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0 manually? That is, after you’ve clicked unlock and the error is displayed. From the log it looks like it mounted successfully but failed to reveal.

I can open the Volume in terminal but can’t access it from any app such as Finder, Word, or Excel

This is strange. You run the Terminal process with the same user as your Finder, right?

Yes that is correct. I don’t use sudo, just launch the terminal and cd to the /Volume/

And running open /Volumes/tx6w4wvyQHOo_0 from Terminal works just fine?

If not, there is something else wrong with your Mac. Maybe some other application registered as default handler for opening paths?

I uninstalled Fuse and ran Cryptomator without it, and now everything working properly. Not sure how Fuse was causing the problem.

Thank you so much for your support greatly appreciated

Cryptomator uses WebDAV as a fallback but FUSE is still recommended. Do you remember if you gave permission for osxfuse to load in the System Preferences under “Security & Privacy”?

It should’ve looked like this:

I’d recommend to try to install osxfuse again. If it doesn’t work, I’m also out of ideas but maybe that’s what caused the issue.