Cryptomator Keeps Crashing and Giving Error Message

Hi, been happily using Cryptomator for years, love it, but I just got a new MacBook Pro and now I’m having problems. The first problem is that Crypto keeps crashing…just in the middle of uploading docs and boom, Cryptomator crashes. Have to restart. The second thing is that I keep getting a warning notice that says:
“Unsecured Connection, Do you want to send your name and password in a way that is insecure? The URL Provided uses an unsecured method for network communication. To use a secure connection you must use a server that supports SSL.”
I’m not sure what I’m doing differently…never received this message on my old computer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi.
Regarding the crashes: any error message? Anything suspicious in the log file? It’s hard to find a solution with such less information.

Regarding the message, please see here: Search results for 'Unsecured Connection' - Cryptomator Community

Apple kicked out a long error message, but I didn’t really pay attention because its all jibberish to me. If it happens again how do I attach a screenshot of the error message?

Okay, now when I go to sign in I get that SSL message (I typed into the first message on here) and when I click on “connect” nothing happens. Won’t sign me in at all.

That’s a screenshot of the beginning of the error message, it’s super long and I don’t know how to screenshot a scrolling mesage…sorry.

Posted this a few days ago, got a response and then nothing…so reposting.
I’ve got two problems. One it keeps crashing. Two I keep getting this weird message.
The only thing that has changed is that I have a new MacBook pro, not sure how that’s playing a part in this. I’m attaching the error message I get below.
I’m also getting this message when I try to sign on and before it crashes:
“Unsecured Connection, Do you want to send your name and password in a way that is insecure? The URL Provided uses an unsecured method for network communication. To use a secure connection you must use a server that supports SSL.”
I’m not sure what I’m doing differently…never received this message on my old computer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

@Michael already pointed out where you can find an answer, you only need to look at it. But to provide a shortcut, see this post.

Regarding the crashes:
To access the vault content you are using the WebDAV integration. It relies on a OS implemenation and over the last two years we recieved a good amount of reports, that Apple provides buggy implementation, especially for M1 Macbooks (e.g. see Apple Silicon/M1 Chip: Crashes on WebDAV when altering files · Issue #1419 · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub or MacOS freezes when opening vault or handling file in the vault · Issue #2284 · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub). Only system updates and reports to Apple can solve those crashes.

There are two workarounds:

1. Use MacFuse. Install it (instructions can be found here). Then restart Cryptomator, open the general preferences, virtual volume tab and select FUSE from dropdown menu.
  2. For emergency cases, please use Cyberduck, which has Cryptomator integration, to access your vaults.

Sorry, I’m not as fluent in tech as you. Are you saying I should expect these crashes if I’m using a MacBook Pro with an M1 chip?
Will MacFuse deal with this issue?

And I’m guessing from the other post, the connection is not secure, but that’s okay?

Thanks for your patience with me.

In general no (Apple should fix it!). But currently: yes.

MacFuse will resolve it, because it is a different system integration.

Yes.