Cryptomator/Dropbox

You can’t. That’s the purpose of encrypting files/fotos. Dropbox can’t see them, so can’t you without decrypting them first.
Means the only way to see the fotos you have stored in a cryptomator vault is to unlock the vault and go to the virtual drive. You can not watch your files online any more, for example with a browser. Because a browser can not decrypt files in a cryptomator vault.

Thanks very much Michael. I have just tried reading the document you sent me for a second time, but I still find it confusing. I have downloaded hundreds of photo albums onto Dropbox, so will I have to download them again onto Cryptomator? Or is there a way of syncing them? Apologies if I come across as thick. I understand it up to the point I unlock my vault, after that I feel confused. I genuinely appreciate your help so much.

You confuse me.
You do not download TO Dropbox.
Dropbox is your online storage.
I am sorry, but I can’t follow you what you have done or what your problem is.

Somewhere in your file explorer are your (unencrypted) foto files located. If you want to encrypt them, just copy or move them to you virtual cryptomator drive (=unlocked vault). It’s that easy.

You are so insecure with all this, I really like to recommend again to invest your time in backup strategies first.

I am not tech savvy, but there is no need to be rude Michael. I appreciated your help, but I will not be contacting you again. I rather communicate with someone who doesn’t put others down. Often people are patronising towards others in order to make themselves feel better. Please do better.

I don’t get it. I invested my time to help you, and now I am rude? Where? If you dont want my advice, thats ok for me. Maybe someone else is understanding your problem.

And you are calling me rude? :wink:.