Cryptomator and DocFetcher

Hi!

I’ve put a portable version of DocFetcher (file system indexing program) in a Cryptomator vault and I want to index a directory located in another Cryptomator vault. The portable version of DocFetcher stores the index files in the same directory as the portable version of DocFetcher is located (so it is running from and writing to the cryptomator vault). When trying to index the cryptomator directory with the portable version of DocFetcher, I get the error (in logfile DocFetcher):

app.name=DocFetcher Pro
app.version=1.18
app.build=20230806-154414
app.portable=true
java.runtime.name=OpenJDK Runtime Environment
java.runtime.version=11.0.11+9
java.version=11.0.11
sun.arch.data.model=64
os.arch=amd64
os.name=Windows 10
os.version=10.0
user.language=nl
java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.FileLockTable.checkList(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.FileLockTable.add(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:126)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSLockFactory.obtainLock(FSLockFactory.java:41)
at org.apache.lucene.store.BaseDirectory.obtainLock(BaseDirectory.java:45)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:729)
at com.docfetcherpro.model.IndexActor.index1(IndexActor.scala:77)
at com.docfetcherpro.model.IndexActor.$anonfun$index$1(IndexActor.scala:18)
at com.docfetcherpro.util.MethodActor$$anon$3.run(MethodActor.scala:86)
at com.docfetcherpro.util.MethodActor.com$docfetcherpro$util$MethodActor$$threadLoop(MethodActor.scala:185)
at com.docfetcherpro.util.MethodActor$$anon$2.run(MethodActor.scala:67)

Has anyone managed to use DocFetcher in a Cryptomated directory? And if so - did you encounter and overcome this problem?

I don’t know if this is a Cryptomator or a DocFetcher problem…

Richard

You might be the first person to have ever thought to try something like this.

No idea how to Help. best of luck.

I use doc fetcher also but never thought to put it in a Vault and mine not portable.

I have thought about making it portable though because I do have more than one computer that I would like to use the database with.

Thanks for your support!

For portability reasons it is very obvious to be able to put at least the index-files in a vault when I am on the road - otherwise the whole content of the vault would be unencrypted available through docfetcher.

The workaround (read compromise) is to index the files outside of the vault and after indexing move the whole portable-docfetcher-directory into the vault. This means I have to update the indexes once every while. Still testing this scenario.

Richard