Cryptomator 1.7.0: What You Need to Know

If you’re subscribed to our releases on GitHub, this is already old news for you: We have released the first beta of the upcoming Cryptomator 1.7.0! It contains a lot of internal changes and a bunch of new features, some of which are almost as old as Cryptomator itself.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://cryptomator.org/blog/2023/02/01/1-7-0-what-you-need-to-know/
2 Likes

If mentioned video is not shown in this post, please head over to the blog to see it: Cryptomator 1.7.0: What You Need to Know

2 Likes

Hoooly carp, Locate Encrypted File is a game changer! I finally finally FINALLY can set the right folders on OneDrive to always be in my computer while keeping the huge ones on the cloud. THANK YOU!

“locate encrypted file” is a great extension, you could also extend it with “locate dectypted file” in future versions.

2 Likes

how much faster is AES-GCM? Is it worth re-encrypting the vault?

2 Likes

I looked at the speed of encryption and decryption (windows desktop app 1.7, FUSE), in fact I could see a significant speedup with the new beta version in an existing vault.

What I don’t understand: I noticed a slowdown in a newly created vault, I created 1 GB files with random content and tried it several times, encrypting and decrypting in an existing vault was faster than with the 1.6.17 version , but again it was noticeably slower in the new vault, roughly the same as with the 1.6.17 version.

add:
“locate encrypted file” to not work in my win10 system, not with beta1 and also not with beta2.

I just downloaded the 1.7.0-beta3 from GitHub for Mac (M1 ARM). I would like to test the new volume type FUSE-T. But this type does not appear in the settings. Only possibilities: WebDAV (Apple Script) and WebDAV (HTTP Adress):

Bildschirm­foto 2023-02-17 um 10.59.41

Are any other settings necessary to be able to use the new volume type?

You have to download and install FUSE-T from its home page: https://www.fuse-t.org/

1 Like

Thank you very much. Now I can choose FUSE-T. :blush: