Cryptomator 1.6.7 Release: Major Changes on Windows

Hello Community!

The last blog post is already a while ago. We hope you’re all doing fine. Cryptomator 1.6.7 for Desktop is out now and let’s explore the changes together since it’s more than just a “patch”! The update contains some noteworthy changes, especially for Windows users.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://cryptomator.org/blog/2022/03/25/release-1.6.7/
3 Likes

Well we are not doing great with any of new updates since cryptomator stopped working on windows servers.

So I’m being told (by CM) I need to uninstall WinFsp to continue. Is this the expected behavior? When I attempt to uninstall I get another message saying at least one app could stop working. Do I proceed or no?

and now when I try and access my vault I get an error message!!!

After upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.6.8, my vault wouldn’t open. I went to the Cryptomator Settings Icon > Virtual Drive > Volume Type, and changed it from Dokany to FUSE. They switched the default installer from using the Dokan Library to WinFsp (which is a FUSE library).

I have been having the same issue and it concerns me that FUSE is now the only adapter system which will open my vaults. Should I be concerned? Is it normal for both Cryptomator Dokany and WebDAV to suddenly stop working on PC with the latest update?

All three virtual file systems still work properly for me. See also my post in your other thread.