Cryptomator 1.5.0 not showing GUI

It looks like the X: vault is the only one that isn’t nested in a subfolder. It’s in the root of the mounted drive.

I’ve never seen this before as usually Cryptomator would make a subfolder with the vault name? Perhaps this causes issues in 1.5.0?

1 Like

THANKS … This is the workarround !!
This behaviour is not seen in 1.4.x
I just upgrade same datastructure from 1.4.15 into 1.5.1
My expection is that upgrading software does not change my setup of the infrastructure.

I map a shared directory, not a complete disk.

Conclusion

Map drive X: to \\servername\drive\dir    ....  works fine for <1.5.0
Map drive X: to \\servername\drive        ....  works fine for >=  1.5.0
  "directories": [
    {
      "id": "t6_ZDfrodf2U",
      "path": "X:\\CryptoDisk-Data-Jan",
      "mountName": "CryptoDisk_Data_Jan",
      "winDriveLetter": "J",

I hope in new release this will be adjusted.

For now a “solution”
Thanks mate

Now you see the strengt of open source and communities.
A happy Cryptomator and Cyberduck user.

Glad this has worked.

Cryptomator uses the folder name to name the vault in the GUI, it has for many versions.
Renaming a vault renames the folder. Cryptomator could not rename drive maps/letters!
I am surprised 1.4 even worked with this setup!

I’d recommend making a folder called Vaults and nesting your vault folders in there.

Example:
Vault at \servername\drive\Vaults\VAULTNAME1
map x: to \servername\drive\Vaults
x: will have a folder called VAULTNAME1 containing your first vault
you could add further vaults with folders VAULTNAME2 VAULTNAME3 etc

I checked with version 1.3.3
Yes … The name of the vault is the created directory.

After that upgrade into 1.4.15
Yes … The name of the vault is the created directory.
but is is possible to mount remote the old vault with a new name.

Proof it worked in version 1.4.15

after upgrade to v1.5.x I cant mount vault

Now I have to move data into lower directory which also extents long filenames !!
Your suggestion works

Conclusion: After migrating from v1.3 into 1.4 it was possible to mount a drive and name the vault without adding a directory.

After upgrade from 1.4 into 1.5 this “feature/bug” is reversed/gone

Request to devOp team:
Please keep same mount functionality in version >= 1.5.2 as in 1.4.15

Today upgraded to v1.5.3 … Root mount issue still there.

Question to devOp team: Will this feature ever or never fixed ?

It this issue still ongoing? I think I am experiencing the same thing…

I had been using cryptomator vaults with Mountain Duck until recently, but ininstalled that today and reinstalled cryptomator 1.5. I got the message the my first vault needed to be updated; that seemed to work and I could open it. But when I tried to add an additional vault, everytime I selected my masterkey.crypmotator file I was bounced to the “back” / “choose” screen.

I don’t seem to have any way to quite Cryptomator (I have to use task manager).

Now I can’t get the gui to show at all (the preferences screen works fine).

Can anyone help?
Thanks

I tend to say no. The directory, which contains/represents the vault is used in the GUI as the vault name to let it easily identify. Of course, it is not necessary for the vault itself (a vault does not have a name, only an internal id), but looking at your screenshots, this should not have worked.

If we would talk about the cli, it may be an option, but not for the GUI imho.

1 Like

This does not sound right.

What is your OS? What is your Cryptomator version? An which setting is active in the virtual volume tab in the general preferences?

Hi,

I am on Windows 10 (1809), Cryptomator 1.5.5 and Dokany is selected.

Today after a reboot, I can right click the system tray icon and select the single vault that I managed to mount, enter the password and access the vault. Performance is really good. Yesterday when clicking “unlock” on that vault, the password entry screen was blank (and even typing blind and pressing enter) wouldn’t unlock the vault.

Pressing “show” for the GUI hasn’t worked since I first used it after install, during which I ran into the inability to select masterkey file after adding the first vault.

Thanks for the help!

This sounds familiar. Can you try the workaround described in the following post and report back?

If it works afterwards, can you report your “graphic output pipeline”? (i.e. graphics card, driver, etc.)

Hi Infeo,

I spotted that potential solution already and tried it. For good measure, I’ve just tried it again. After editing the file, I closed Cryptomator via Task Manager “end task”, then restarted. I’m afraid that I still can’t “show” the GUI.

I can unlock one vault from the system tray, but can’t add my other vaults.

Is there anything else I can try? Or any logs/info I can provide you?

Thanks

Well, if you look into your log file after you have tried to show the Cryptomator main window, are there any WARNings or ERRORs. Especially the lines of codes afterwards (the stacktrace) would be interesting.

Additionally, but this is just a wild guess, you can try the Cryptomator buildkit-release and report if it a) works or b) if the cmd out contain any stacktraces /errors?

Infeo.

You mean the log files from: %appdata%/cryptomator/ ?

If so, I tried opening Cryptomator, right clicked the tray icon, clicked “show” (nothing happened); then closed the Cryptomator process via the task manager. No warnings or errors seem to have been written to the log. These are the contents of the newest log file:

02:07:01.228 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.5.5 on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
02:07:17.858 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - JavaFX Runtime started.
02:07:17.864 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.jni.FunctionsLoader - loaded WinFunctions.dll

I note that it specified AMD64 in the log. Not sure if that is significant, but I don’t have an AMD processor, I am running an Intel i7-8750H.

Many thanks!

Hello,

So I managed to get the build kit version working. On launching, some text is generated in the command prompt window. Then when I click “show” in the system tray, additional text is generated.

I have pasted the contents of the command prompt window below. It is quite long and beyond the character limit for a single post here. I have had to remove some of the many lines starting with “at…” I hope that doesn’t hinder the interpretation.

20:17:18.753 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - user.language: en
20:17:18.756 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - user.region: null
20:17:18.756 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - logback.configurationFile: null
20:17:18.756 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.settingsPath: ~/AppData/Roaming/Cryptomator/settings.json
20:17:18.756 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.ipcPortPath: ~/AppData/Roaming/Cryptomator/ipcPort.bin
20:17:18.757 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.keychainPath: ~/AppData/Roaming/Cryptomator/keychain.json
20:17:18.757 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.logDir: ~/AppData/Roaming/Cryptomator
20:17:18.757 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.mountPointsDir: null
20:17:18.757 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.minPwLength: null
20:17:18.757 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.Environment - cryptomator.buildNumber: null
20:17:18.779 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.ShutdownHook - Registered shutdown hook.
20:17:18.822 [main] DEBUG org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Attempting to load settings from C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.VaultSettings.deriveMountNameFromPath(VaultSettings.java:67)
        at org.fxmisc.easybind.EasyBind.lambda$subscribe$12(EasyBind.java:263)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:181)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:80)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:106)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:113)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:147)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.VaultSettingsJsonAdapter.read(VaultSettingsJsonAdapter.java:77)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsJsonAdapter.readVaultSettingsArray(SettingsJsonAdapter.java:124)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsJsonAdapter.read(SettingsJsonAdapter.java:61)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsJsonAdapter.read(SettingsJsonAdapter.java:20)
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:932)
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:1003)
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:975)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsProvider.tryLoad(SettingsProvider.java:84)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:271)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:177)
        at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.tryAdvance(Spliterators.java:1812)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEachWithCancel(ReferencePipeline.java:127)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyIntoWithCancel(AbstractPipeline.java:502)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:488)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.FindOps$FindOp.evaluateSequential(FindOps.java:150)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
        at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.findFirst(ReferencePipeline.java:543)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsProvider.load(SettingsProvider.java:73)
        at org.cryptomator.common.LazyInitializer.lambda$initializeLazily$0(LazyInitializer.java:28)
        at org.cryptomator.common.LazyInitializer.lambda$invokeFactoryIfNull$1(LazyInitializer.java:62)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReference.updateAndGet(AtomicReference.java:210)
        at org.cryptomator.common.LazyInitializer.initializeLazily(LazyInitializer.java:49)
        at org.cryptomator.common.LazyInitializer.initializeLazily(LazyInitializer.java:29)
        at org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsProvider.get(SettingsProvider.java:69)
        at org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule.provideSettings(CommonsModule.java:65)
        at org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.provideSettings(CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.java:36)
        at org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.get(CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.java:27)
        at org.cryptomator.common.CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.get(CommonsModule_ProvideSettingsFactory.java:10)
        at dagger.internal.DoubleCheck.get(DoubleCheck.java:47)
        at org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode_Factory.get(DebugMode_Factory.java:30)
        at org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode_Factory.get(DebugMode_Factory.java:9)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator_Factory.get(Cryptomator_Factory.java:47)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator_Factory.get(Cryptomator_Factory.java:12)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.DaggerCryptomatorComponent.application(DaggerCryptomatorComponent.java:542)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.main(Cryptomator.java:48)
20:17:18.880 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings loaded from C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
20:17:19.228 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.5.5 on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.getDisplayableName(Vault.java:234)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.traymenu.TrayMenuController.buildSubmenu(TrayMenuController.java:83)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.traymenu.TrayMenuController.rebuildMenu(TrayMenuController.java:67)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.traymenu.TrayMenuController.initTrayMenu(TrayMenuController.java:46)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.traymenu.TrayIconController.initializeTrayIcon(TrayIconController.java:47)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.traymenu.TrayMenuComponent.addIconToSystemTray(TrayMenuComponent.java:20)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.launcher.UiLauncher.launch(UiLauncher.java:47)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.runGuiApplication(Cryptomator.java:91)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.run(Cryptomator.java:75)
        at org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator.main(Cryptomator.java:48)
20:17:51.327 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - JavaFX Runtime started.
20:17:51.335 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR org.cryptomator.jni.FunctionsLoader - Could not load JNI lib WinFunctions.dll from path C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-14.0.1.7-hotspot\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-14.0.1.7-hotspot\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\flutter\bin;;.
Jun 10, 2020 8:17:52 PM javafx.beans.binding.Bindings$7 computeValue
WARNING: Exception while evaluating binding
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javafx.beans.binding.Bindings$7.computeValue(Bindings.java:398)
        at javafx.beans.binding.StringBinding.get(StringBinding.java:150)
        at javafx.beans.binding.StringBinding.get(StringBinding.java:60)
        at javafx.beans.binding.StringExpression.getValue(StringExpression.java:51)
        at javafx.beans.binding.StringExpression.getValue(StringExpression.java:47)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.<init>(ExpressionHelper.java:151)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.addListener(ExpressionHelper.java:68)
        at javafx.beans.binding.StringBinding.addListener(StringBinding.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.ExpressionValue$KeyPathMonitor.monitor(ExpressionValue.java:108)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.ExpressionValue$KeyPathMonitor.remonitor(ExpressionValue.java:151)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.ExpressionValue$KeyPathMonitor$3.changed(ExpressionValue.java:83)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$Generic.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:360)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:80)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:106)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:113)
        at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:147)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.mainwindow.VaultListCellController.setVault(VaultListCellController.java:53)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.mainwindow.VaultListCellFactory$Cell.updateItem(VaultListCellFactory.java:57)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.mainwindow.VaultListCellFactory$Cell.updateItem(VaultListCellFactory.java:37)
        at javafx.scene.control.ListCell.updateItem(ListCell.java:478)
        at javafx.scene.control.ListCell.indexChanged(ListCell.java:337)
        at javafx.scene.control.IndexedCell.updateIndex(IndexedCell.java:120)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.setCellIndex(VirtualFlow.java:1742)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.addTrailingCells(VirtualFlow.java:2124)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.layoutChildren(VirtualFlow.java:1253)
        at javafx.scene.Parent.layout(Parent.java:1207)
        at javafx.scene.Parent.layout(Parent.java:1214)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.doLayoutPass(Scene.java:576)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.preferredSize(Scene.java:1784)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$2.preferredSize(Scene.java:393)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.SceneHelper.preferredSize(SceneHelper.java:66)
        at javafx.stage.Window$12.invalidated(Window.java:1086)
        at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.markInvalid(BooleanPropertyBase.java:110)
        at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.set(BooleanPropertyBase.java:145)
        at javafx.stage.Window.setShowing(Window.java:1174)
        at javafx.stage.Window.show(Window.java:1189)
        at javafx.stage.Stage.show(Stage.java:273)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.mainwindow.MainWindowComponent.showMainWindow(MainWindowComponent.java:29)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication.lambda$showMainWindow$1(FxApplication.java:94)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.BeanAdapter.get(BeanAdapter.java:216)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.BeanAdapter.get(BeanAdapter.java:203)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.Expression.get(Expression.java:632)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.Expression.get(Expression.java:597)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.Expression.get(Expression.java:576)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.VariableExpression.evaluate(VariableExpression.java:53)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.ExpressionValue.getValue(ExpressionValue.java:192)
        at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.get(StringPropertyBase.java:131)
        at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.get(StringPropertyBase.java:50)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.<init>(ExpressionHelper.java:151)
        at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.addListener(ExpressionHelper.java:68)
        at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.addListener(StringPropertyBase.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.LambdaMultiplePropertyChangeListenerHandler.registerChangeListener(LambdaMultiplePropertyChangeListenerHandler.java:67)
        at javafx.scene.control.SkinBase.registerChangeListener(SkinBase.java:219)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.LabeledSkinBase.<init>(LabeledSkinBase.java:219)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.LabelSkin.<init>(LabelSkin.java:53)
        at javafx.scene.control.Label.createDefaultSkin(Label.java:162)
        at javafx.scene.control.Control.doProcessCSS(Control.java:897)
        at javafx.scene.control.Control$1.doProcessCSS(Control.java:89)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.processCSSImpl(ControlHelper.java:67)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.NodeHelper.processCSS(NodeHelper.java:145)
        at javafx.scene.Parent.doProcessCSS(Parent.java:1400)
        at javafx.scene.Parent$1.doProcessCSS(Parent.java:125)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.ParentHelper.processCSSImpl(ParentHelper.java:98)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.superProcessCSSImpl(ControlHelper.java:63)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.superProcessCSS(ControlHelper.java:55)
        at javafx.scene.control.Control.doProcessCSS(Control.java:900)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.processCSSImpl(ControlHelper.java:67)
        at javafx.scene.Node.processCSS(Node.java:9542)
        at javafx.scene.Node.applyCss(Node.java:9629)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.setCellIndex(VirtualFlow.java:1749)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.addTrailingCells(VirtualFlow.java:2124)
        at javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow.layoutChildren(VirtualFlow.java:1253)
        at javafx.scene.Parent.layout(Parent.java:1207)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.doLayoutPass(Scene.java:576)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.preferredSize(Scene.java:1784)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$2.preferredSize(Scene.java:393)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.SceneHelper.preferredSize(SceneHelper.java:66)
        at javafx.stage.Window$12.invalidated(Window.java:1086)
        at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.markInvalid(BooleanPropertyBase.java:110)
        at javafx.beans.property.BooleanPropertyBase.set(BooleanPropertyBase.java:145)
        at javafx.stage.Window.setShowing(Window.java:1174)
        at javafx.stage.Window.show(Window.java:1189)
        at javafx.stage.Stage.show(Stage.java:273)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.mainwindow.MainWindowComponent.showMainWindow(MainWindowComponent.java:29)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.fxapp.FxApplication.lambda$showMainWindow$1(FxApplication.java:94)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.ModuleHelper.invoke(ModuleHelper.java:100)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.BeanAdapter.get(BeanAdapter.java:212)
        ... 74 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        ... 80 more
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.VariableExpression.evaluate(VariableExpression.java:53)
        at com.sun.javafx.fxml.expression.ExpressionValue.getValue(ExpressionValue.java:192)
        at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.addListener(StringPropertyBase.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.LambdaMultiplePropertyChangeListenerHandler.registerChangeListener(LambdaMultiplePropertyChangeListenerHandler.java:67)
        at javafx.scene.Node.processCSS(Node.java:9535)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.doCSSPass(Scene.java:569)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePulseListener.pulse(Scene.java:2505)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.lambda$runPulse$2(Toolkit.java:412)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.runPulse(Toolkit.java:411)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.firePulse(Toolkit.java:438)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulse(QuantumToolkit.java:563)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulse(QuantumToolkit.java:543)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulseFromQueue(QuantumToolkit.java:536)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.lambda$runToolkit$11(QuantumToolkit.java:342)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        ... 84 more
        ... 90 more
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.superProcessCSSImpl(ControlHelper.java:63)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.ControlHelper.superProcessCSS(ControlHelper.java:55)
        at javafx.scene.control.Control.doProcessCSS(Control.java:886)
        at javafx.scene.Node.processCSS(Node.java:9542)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.doCSSPass(Scene.java:569)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePulseListener.pulse(Scene.java:2505)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.lambda$runPulse$2(Toolkit.java:412)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.runPulse(Toolkit.java:411)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.firePulse(Toolkit.java:438)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulse(QuantumToolkit.java:563)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulse(QuantumToolkit.java:543)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.pulseFromQueue(QuantumToolkit.java:536)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.lambda$runToolkit$11(QuantumToolkit.java:342)
        ... 84 more
        ... 90 more

Ah, okay. Seems like your settings file is broken.

Before trying to fix it, can you send it to us over a secure channel? (Like upload it via Firefox Send and send me a PM with a link)

For a fix: Delete it.
It will be recreated with default values and an empty vault list. The downside is, that you need to add all your vaults manually and set them up again, if you changed the vault specific options for some.

Hi Infeo,

I have PM’d you a link to my settings file.

I’ve tried to fix things: I deleted the settings.json file and opened Cryptomator. The GUI came back and I was able to add a Vault-A again. This worked fine, I can unlock, lock, minimise the gui to tray, and show gui, quite and restart Cryptomator all fine.

However Vault-B breaks things. If I add Vault-B, I select my masterkey file, but it pings me straight back to the “choose” dialog. However, if I close that dialog, the main GUI informs me that my vault needs updating to a new format. There is a button to do this; but clicking it does nothing. I have tried deleting the settings.json file again and adding Vault-B first. The behaviour is the same - no ability to upgrade, and no access to the GUI.

I think when I first installed 1.5.5 it successfully updated Vault-B.

I can still open Vault-B with Mountain Duck.

I’ve also had a file called ipcPort.bin appear in the the appdata folder. Don’t think it was there until today.

Thanks!

Update: I tried moving the location of the Vault-B (that wouldn’t open and caused the gui to break) and now everything is working. The vault was previously on a share from my Synology Diskstation NAS accessed through regular WIndows 10 network sharing (SMB I think?).

My setup was like this:

\192.168.99.4\Vault-B\masterkey.cryptomator

I then changed it, by creating a new folder called “A”:

\192.168.99.4\Vault-B\A\masterkey.cryptomator

All is working now :slight_smile: Thanks for the efforts to help me.

1 Like

Just to finish this:

The presence of the ipc file indicates, that Cryptomator is already running. Nothing to worry about.

Regarding the folder structure: I looked into your settings file and noted, that after the key pathfor Vault-B ended with a slas (due to encoding with \\). I think this was the error, since Cryptomator expected something after it but there was nothing.

@mcjeffs When you look into your settings file now, does the path of the second vault end with slashes or not?

Infeo: I’ve just checked my settings file - the path does not end with slashes. As I recall, when adding the Vault, I typed “\192.168.99.4\FolderName” and pressed enter. This then took me to the relevant folder and I click on the masterkey file (or maybe just pressed “ok”).

Thanks