Corrupted directories - "Unexpectedly large directory file"

I have 3 paths in my logs (MacOS) that are reporting errors and I can’t access the files within the directories.

11:06:33.126 [Thread-86] WARN  o.c.c.dir.BrokenDirectoryFilter - Broken directory file: /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/Cryptomator/d/OY/LIHR7FHPSSVND3BIJ54L7DCZZN5PLD/J8xP0eaG5iwGu0a2AK6ptTWB.c9r/dir.c9r
java.io.IOException: Failed to load contents of directory file at path /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/Cryptomator/d/OY/LIHR7FHPSSVND3BIJ54L7DCZZN5PLD/J8xP0eaG5iwGu0a2AK6ptTWB.c9r/dir.c9r
[snip]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: Unexpectedly large directory file: /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/Cryptomator/d/OY/LIHR7FHPSSVND3BIJ54L7DCZZN5PLD/J8xP0eaG5iwGu0a2AK6ptTWB.c9r/dir.c9r
[snip]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unexpectedly large directory file: /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/Cryptomator/d/OY/LIHR7FHPSSVND3BIJ54L7DCZZN5PLD/J8xP0eaG5iwGu0a2AK6ptTWB.c9r/dir.c9r

All 3 look the same in logs.

User interactions with the directories are:

• In MacOS GUI (FUSE mounted) the directories don’t even appear.
  • In MacOS CLI if I attempt to cd or ls the directory by name, I get “Input/output error”
  • In iOS they appear, but when I click on them I get an error: The file “<long hyphenated hex string>” couldn’t be opened using text encoding Unicode (UTF-8)."

These directories were either newly created or changed names within the last couple of days.

Any ideas on how to resolve, or at least recover the files from within the directories?

I must say, that error message is new to me.^^

Currently there is no possibility. We are working to bring it back, but up to now only a backup can restore files /the vault directories.