Copy folders (not only single files) into vault on Android not possible?

Hey everyone,
I’m probably missing something obvious here, so bear with me :slight_smile:
I’ve got the cryptomator app installed on a moto g5 with lineageOS 14.1 and tried both of the approaches below with the default file manager and also with fx file manager, but I failed to copy a folder into a vault (i.e. encrypt it).

1. approach: From within the cryptomator app and an unlocked vault I selected “upload file”, but when navigating through the file manager I’m only able to select file (as the name suggests) but can’t upload/encrypt an entire folder with contents.

2. approach: From within one of the above mentioned file managers and clicking and holding on an item, I can only get the share->cryptomator option for files. Again, I can’t select a folder to be uploaded/encryted.

Is there anything, that I’m missing or is this a feature that is not implemented (yet) in this otherwise great app?

Thanks and regards,
C

You can upload multiple files at once but the folder sync isn’t implemented at the moment.

There is an issue on Github which tracks this feature request: https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator-android/issues/63

Tomorrow will be 2024-Q1; 4 years, 5 months since your post. I presume the next version, 1.11.0, will have this functionality in the since 53 months/1614 days elapsed.

Please confirm.

1 Like