Connect to Pcloud on IOS

Hello, who could explain me How to connect Cryptomator to PCloud? Is it with WebDAV ? If yes, how to fill it ? Thanks and sorry for my english, I am french…

Yes, it’s via WebDAV. You can find the correct URL you need to enter in the app settings for various cloud providers (including pCloud) here:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer but I’m not sure if I understood what was the username and the password to enter, is it the Cryptomator or Pcloud account? Also, I have to try with the different URLs that you propose? Thank you

Just use this URL https://webdav.pcloud.com/ with the credentials (username and password) to your pCloud account.

After that you can locate the vault and open it using the password of the vault.

1 Like

Pcloud recently implemented Two factor authentication. This has to be disabled to use WebDAV Cryptomator link, otherwise you will not be able to log in.

1 Like

Not sure how it works in pCloud, but usually providers that offer 2FA have some means of generating an “application-specific token” that can be used instead of the password. This way you can enable 2FA but stay compatible with existing authentication mechanisms.

1 Like

Hopefully this is the case for Pcloud in the future, but right now the 2fa breaks even their own applications, including Firefox and Chrome save plugins, and their open source console client. Right now it only works well with their official mobile and desktop apps. Cryptomator currently works fine with the 2fa off, but their WebDAV implementation isn’t near the reliability or speed of their Fuse or CBFS based official clients.

In any case, impossible to connect …

If you deactivate the 2FA on pCloud, it connects.

I just signed up for pCloud, I have checked and checked again, I do not have 2FA enabled, yet when I try to configure WebDAV it tells me username and password incorrect. I have made sure it absolutely is correct (using keychain to sign in so there’s no typing errors). Any suggestions?

what URL do you give? @Shruikan

https://webdav.pcloud.com

Found my answer. I just got this back from pCloud support:
“Unfortunately, for the time being the accounts that are registered on our EU servers can not access WebDav.”

@Shruikan WoW! That’s interesting. So, what solution do they suggest for you?

No solution unfortunately. I asked for ETA when it might be fixed but they couldn’t give me one. Just have to wait I guess.

If you really need webdav, Just move providers before you invest too much time or money. They have never had a supported/reliable webdav. (they are excellent in some other areas though)

Main reason I chose them is because they offer a lifetime subscription, they also offer some nice security features. It’s a shame WebDAV is such an issue for them. The other provider I looked at was sync.com but they don’t offer WebDAV at all.

1 Like

I use the Cryptomator android app.on android there is an extra option to add Pcloud directly in the app, like Dropbox.
So I bought the iOS app, but it seems that this option only exists on Android?
I don’t want to add Pcloud via WebDAV, because it Doenst work so good and then I can’t use 2FA.
So why is this feature in the android, but not in the iOS app?

pCloud for Android was an open-source contribution and it couldn’t just be copy/pasted for iOS. But I’m actually working on it. There is still a blocker and I’m waiting for an upstream change in pcloud-sdk-swift but I’m also eager to add it to the iOS app.

1 Like

Thank you for your effort!