Changed my Apple password and was then unable to enter Cryptomator; message shown is: 'iCloud Drive authentification failed'

Changed my Apple password and was then unable to enter Cryptomator; message shown is: ‘iCloud Drive authentification failed’.
So - is there still a way to access my Cryptomator files on my iPad?

The login credentials for iCloud are stored in your connection settings. Please open cryptomator, go to cloud services and change the credentials for iCloud.
This will lead to your vault being disconnected from cryptomator. So you will have to add your vault again by selecting „+“ and then „add existing vault“.

Ps: not sure about the vault thing, maybe this does not happen. It’s been a while since I changed my credentials :grinning:

1 Like

Brilliant - I went to iCloud, iCloud Drive, ‘Apps Syncing to iCloud Drive’, and simply toggled Cryptomator from off to on, and it worked; I have regained access to the files. Huge thanks to you for helping me.

2 Likes

Oh. Thank you for that information. I was not aware that this works as well, and your way is the more convenient from my point of view.