Can use Cryptomator with Salesforce?

Does anyone know if Cryptomator can be used with applications like Salesforce? I need to upload encrypted files to Salesforce and I want it to be available for other users in our company to be able to download and decrypt. However, I’m reading about a “vault” and “master key” and I’m not sure if something like Cryptomator is usable outside of the folder structure type cloud storage. Is that right?

I don’t know the specifics of Salesforce but maybe you can answer this question: Can you navigate and interact with Salesforce storage via Windows File Explorer? Maybe similar to Dropbox (as a local sync folder) or maybe as a network share?

If yes, you can use Cryptomator on that. Here is a guide to give you better sense of how Cryptomator works.

If not (so the storage is only accessible via a web browser or some propietary application), it probably won’t work with Cryptomator.

Thanks for responding! No, Salesforce cannot be accessed like a File Explorer structure. It is only available via a web page specifically where it was uploaded. (It MAY be able to be accessed in other ways, but those would not work with our business processes anyway). This is very disappointing. Is it because it needs the master key? Can the vault be created for individual files with it’s own master key?

It also sounds like the encrypted files would not be emailable either, is that correct?

Cryptomator is a client-side encryption tool. Client-side encryption means that all the encryption/decryption processes run locally on your device. If the cloud storage is only accessible via a proprietary web application, it’s technically challenging (or even impossible) to provide a client-side encryption solution as a third party (like ourselves).

You could archive (e.g., zip) the complete vault and send it via email (and communicate the password via a secure channel). But that wouldn’t be very convenient. If you’re looking for a secure way to send emails (and email attachments), you might want to look into PGP (aka. GPG) or S/MIME.