Automatically unlocking vault at Cryptomator lauch faulty

All vaults work fine when manually unlocking.

BUT: if I use the option to automatically unlock a vault when cryptomator is starting I will get an empty drive / unreachable drive with a default name.

I can then lock that vault, unlock manually again and will get the expected drive properly launched.

So, the vault seems to be fine but there is some issue with automatically unlocking it…

Using 1.5.3 exe-166 on Windows 10 64 bit and Dokany for the vaults.

Any idea what is causing this?

I tried to reproduce that on my Windows 10, but I couldn’t.
Everything works as expected. (with Dokany and Webdav)
Can you please post the logfile. Maybe there’s something interesting in it.
Wich Dokany Version have you installed?

I have the same issue.
It started to happen some time ago, has nothing to do with 1.5 version.

It doesn’t matter if its Webdav or Dokany (Version is now 1.3.0.1000, but it didn’t work with earlier versions also)

I have a desktop pc and 2 laptops, it’s the same on all 3.

I can’t upload anything here. So here the link to the logfiles https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuGj6IvPQLeugdEstB5tEdsI9S_49A?e=5INjTc

Info: the latest version is 1.3.1
I admit I’m not really hopeful because it happens with WebDAV either, but you never know.
Maybe this will fixe the dokany mounting timeout I see in your log file.

Hello again,

its still the same. Also the timeout is still happening. The message “Dokany driver terminated abnormally.” appears also.

11:13:41.006 [main] INFO  org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.5.3 on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
11:13:43.578 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.launcher.FxApplicationStarter - JavaFX Runtime started.
11:13:43.599 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  org.cryptomator.jni.FunctionsLoader - loaded WinFunctions.dll
11:13:44.199 [App Background Thread 003] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany version: 130
11:13:44.199 [App Background Thread 003] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany driver version: 400
11:13:52.203 [App Background Thread 003] WARN  o.c.frontend.dokany.MountFactory - Mounting timed out.
11:13:52.203 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.cryptomator.ui.common.VaultService - Auto-unlocked Dokumente
11:15:26.542 [App Background Thread 004] WARN  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Error while mounting
java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at com.dokany.java.NativeMethods.DokanMain(Native Method)
	at com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver.start(DokanyDriver.java:69)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
14:39:01.341 [App Background Thread 004] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Unmount and shutdown: Z:\
14:39:01.341 [App Background Thread 004] ERROR o.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.Mount - Dokany driver terminated abnormally.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.cryptomator.frontend.dokany.Mount.close(Mount.java:67)
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.DokanyVolume.unmount(DokanyVolume.java:101)
	at org.cryptomator.common.vaults.Vault.lock(Vault.java:136)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.common.VaultService$LockVaultTask.call(VaultService.java:341)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.common.VaultService$LockVaultTask.call(VaultService.java:325)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
	at com.dokany.java.NativeMethods.DokanMain(Native Method)
	at com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver.start(DokanyDriver.java:69)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	... 4 common frames omitted
14:39:01.344 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.cryptomator.ui.common.VaultService - Locked Dokumente
14:39:07.686 [App Background Thread 004] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany version: 130
14:39:07.686 [App Background Thread 004] INFO  com.dokany.java.DokanyDriver - Dokany driver version: 400
14:39:10.706 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO  o.c.ui.unlock.UnlockController - Unlock of 'Dokumente' succeeded.

What i don’t unterstand, the “Dokany driver version: 400” is still the same though I installed the new version.

Thanks for looking into this.

I noticed that WebDAV launches in my case - seems to be a different problem from the one experienced by hisax.
Dokany keeps failing at start up but works fine if unlocking the vault manually.

Attsched log shows:
Cryptomator settings:

• sart in back ground
  • start at system start up
  • vault was set to open automatically at program start with password saved.
  • Dokany
  • letter assigned automatically

Expected result: Unlocked vault named “TEST_VAULT”.
Actual Result: a folder in Windows Explorernamed “Lokaler Datenträger (some drive letter:)” (German for “Local Drive” (drive letter:)").
If I try to open that folder I get (the German versionof something like) “The path is not available”.

Within Cryptomator UI the vault is shown as “unlocked” but same error if I try to open it from within the UI.

I am, however, able to lock the vault and then unlock it successfully from wihtin the UI - the vault then behaves as expected and can be accessed.
This unmount and remount operation is logged starting 15:23 in the attached log file.

Hre my log file:
Log - situation 1 - windows start auto launch.log (165.2 KB)

1 Like

The mentioned fix on github, mounting the volume within a specific mountpoint, also fixes the issue for me.
And additionally it feels a lot faster. I haven’t done any performance measures, it’s just a feeling.