Unable to access Vault on OneDrive with Files on Demand (FoD) enabled

Using the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19. Cryptomator will open a vault from a different location but not from OneDrive. Have made sure the file in OneDrive has been downloaded and is in on the system. I am able to create a vault within OneDrive though. Everything used to work perfectly before the Fall Update.

The log says the path to OneDrive is invalid.

Here is the log file:

18:42:45.587 [main] INFO org.cryptomator.launcher.Cryptomator - Starting Cryptomator 1.3.1 on Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
18:42:47.276 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.c.launcher.MainApplication - JavaFX application started.
18:42:47.380 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO o.c.common.settings.SettingsProvider - Settings loaded from C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\Cryptomator\settings.json
18:42:47.381 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.logging.DebugMode - Debug mode initialized
18:42:47.387 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Loaded localization default file: /localization/en.txt
18:42:47.412 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Detected language "en" and region "US"
18:42:47.415 [JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Attempting to load localization from: /localization/en_US.txt
18:42:47.416 [JavaFX Application Thread] TRACE org.cryptomator.ui.l10n.Localization - Attempting to load localization from: /localization/en.txt
18:42:47.886 [JavaFX Application Thread] INFO org.cryptomator.jni.JniModule - loaded WinFunctions.dll
18:42:48.295 [pool-4-thread-1] DEBUG o.c.ui.controllers.WelcomeController - Checking for updates...
18:42:49.832 [pool-4-thread-1] INFO o.c.ui.controllers.WelcomeController - Current version: 1.3.1, lastest version: 1.3.1
18:43:00.088 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN o.c.ui.controllers.MainController - Ignoring attempt to add vault with invalid path: C:\Users\abc\OneDrive\1234\masterkey.cryptomator
18:43:09.762 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN o.c.ui.controllers.MainController - Ignoring attempt to add vault with invalid path: C:\Users\abc\OneDrive\12345\masterkey.cryptomator

Try turning off the files on demand function.

1 Like

That should do the trick.

But let’s be honest, that can only be a workaround… any plans to make “Files-on-demand” work at least if the Vault is marked as “always available”.

For all those who want to keep “Files-on-demand” functionality, you can head over to https://mountainduck.io/ and grab a copy. Just mount your vault via MountainDuck and forget the Cryptomator client.

2 Likes

Do you think you will take care of this particular issue? Because actually this features is great stuff…Would be great guys!!

Are there any plans to support the Files-on-demand feature? First maybe under the assumption that the whole vault is always fully available offline…? I think this should work seamlessly…

Thank you Michael and fastbone! This was quite a shock being unable to access my data until I found your posts.

I personally do not need the Files-on-demand functionality but it would be nice if Cryptomator would work under any circumstances :wink:

Monkey Patching Instructions for Cryptomator 1.3.1

1. Stop Cryptomator
  2. Download the following two patched .jar files and rename them to webdav-nio-adapter-0.6.2.jar and cryptofs-1.4.1.jar.
  3. Replace the existing ones in C:\Program Files\Cryptomator\app (or whereever you’ve installed Cryptomator).
  4. Start Cryptomator

You should now be able to use Cryptomator with OneDrive’s Files on Demand feature. Please report any problems on GitHub issue 592.

webdav-nio-adapter-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (138.4 KB)
cryptofs-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (227.6 KB)

1 Like

From my limited testing OneDrive with Files on Demand is working. I created, Mounted, Dismounted, Remounted.

This patch does not appear to work with GFS it still says unlock failed see log

Hello. Thanks for the patch.
I have been using it and seems to see, open, rename, move etc. files and directories OK.

However I came across an issue (which I discovered by using my backup software), is that the file and directory sizes are not read (or computed) correctly. Using right-click on the file or directory. You get file sizes like -1byte for the file and -20 bytes for directories. The quantity of files and folders is correct.

Cheers and thanks

Hello,
I updated today to v1.3.2.
I now cannot add an existing vault from OneDrive with Files on Demand turned on. There are no error messages to send. I can add vaults stored on local drive so it appears only to effect OneDrive vaults.

The previous v1.3.1 together with patch, I could add existing vaults.

cheers and thanks

Thank you for your report! We’ll provide a hotfix soon.

Soon is now :wink:

You can download version 1.3.3 on our homepage, as usual.

2 Likes