[iOS] [Feature request] slide to next or previous photo

Hi all,

Currently, it is not possible in the mobile (at least iOS) app to swipe from one photo to the next or previous one. From a usability perspective, it would be great if this option could be added.

Feature request (user story):

• When a photo is opened in the mobile app, it should be possible to swipe to the next one, without the need to close the current photo and to manually select the next one.

I hope it is possible to add this feature in a new release.

Best regards,
Arjan

14 Likes

I also would like this feature!!

That is a great feature request!

I would like this request, too!

If you need developers to do this, I volunteer to add this feature (i’m a professional software developer). Please let me know if you want my contribution.

This is a great feature.

Adding +1 to this feature request.

I added a duplicate request here as I just found this thread.

I’m getting kind of discouraged with Cryptomator. I haven’t seen an update in a while. The last update was 5 months ago… Signal, which is free and open-source, releases updates much more frequently. I paid you guys for a great app, but I’m not seeing any love put into it. An update on what’s being on the works and approximate release dates (if possible) would be really nice.

Thanks.

Now that 1.5 is released, I would like to give this a bump. :wink:

Me too :grinning:! This is really an important feature! It is now undoable to show photos to friends and family with the cryptomator app, clicking back and forth.

+1 here. Long time since first demanded. I donated to contribute to this development.

This is a highly requested feature with many duplicate requests constantly being created. The lack of this feature is the reason I have stopped using the iOS app and have not been using Cryptomator to encrypt my photos. I even volunteered myself to implement this feature but got no response (been almost 2 years). Would really appreciate an honest response as to why this apparently trivial but very important feature is not being given any importance and whether we can honestly hope to one day see it implemented.

2 Likes

Hi,
I use this app for many years now. It’s multiplatform and stable. But it lacks features for a larger audience of end users.
The preview of pictures or the sliding to the next picture are IMHO some of these.

Thanks

Really sad, and not understandable that this feature STILL isn’t added. It’s otherwise a great app. Someone even offered to add it, but they/you didn’t jump on that. Really sad sad sad.

This will be possible with 1.6.
The beta is out. Feel free to join the test.

That’s really great! Thanks. :+1:

One more thing that would be appropriated is the ability to pre-cache entire vaults or part of vaults.

I know that the iOS app has very confusing version numbers right now but I’m not sure if this is the correct link. :sweat_smile:

Version 1.6.0 will only add support for vault format 8 and include some bug fixes but it’s still the “old” app.

The new app with Files app integration will have the version number 2.0.0. And that has a different TestFlight link, see: https://cryptomator.org/blog/2021/06/30/ios-2.0-beta/

My bad. I thought its all about cryptomator on TestFlight, and that there’s only the latest “test” version in TestFlight available at all. So I thought the 1.6.0 TestFlight link is still suitable if one likes to join the Cryptomator iOS beta test.