Auto upload and notifications do not work!

Auto upload and notifications do not work on cryptomator 8.0 and 8.0 beta2 f-droid versions on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lineage os for Micro 20.0 (android 13 version).

Anyone else encounter this issue? Should I downgrade to 8.0 beta1, will there be a new update soon?

We fixed both bugs already, see Storage permission can't be granted. · Issue #484 · cryptomator/android · GitHub regarding the storage permission which is also required for the auto upload and Notifications not shown when freshly installed on Android 13 · Issue #485 · cryptomator/android · GitHub regarding the notifications.

We still have to test these corrections thoroughly, version 1.8.1 containing those two fixes will be published tomorrow. If you would like to help with testing, please have a look at https://github.com/cryptomator/android/issues/484#issuecomment-1466855267 and https://github.com/cryptomator/android/issues/485#issuecomment-1467066036.

1 Like

I checked the link you gave. I downloaded and tried the 1.8.1 debug version. It works pretty well. I will update as soon as version 1.8.1 is released tomorrow. Thank you.

Auto upload works fine but now I noticed that the notifications still don’t work and cannot be enabled.

Did you installed the version in Notifications not shown when freshly installed on Android 13 · Issue #485 · cryptomator/android · GitHub ? This contains both fixes, but Storage permission can't be granted. · Issue #484 · cryptomator/android · GitHub only the local storage permission problem because we found this one first.

So please check again that you installed Notifications not shown when freshly installed on Android 13 · Issue #485 · cryptomator/android · GitHub

1 Like

Ok. I updated the app to the latest version. Notifications are working now. I think everything is ok. :+1:Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your tests and the feedback :raised_hands:

1 Like

1.8.1 is online now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a quick update. When the F-droid update notification came, I immediately updated it. Everything works now. We can open all safes at the same time. It was really great. Thank you for everything. :pray:

1 Like