Unable to open Dropbox vault in Catalina, High Sierra works

Hi, i am using macOS Catalina 10.15.3 with an encrypted disk. The Cryptomator is version 1.4.17 (1451) and Fuse is 3.8.2. I could create a vault but could not unlock it.

The problems in the log start with that:

11:55:04.678 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG o.cryptomator.cryptofs.ReadonlyFlag - Vault opened for read and write.
11:55:05.286 [Background Thread 2] DEBUG org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume - Successfully created mount point: /Volumes/XffEeu-ITsdt_0
11:55:05.819 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR o.c.ui.controllers.UnlockController - Unlock failed for technical reasons.
org.cryptomator.ui.model.Volume$VolumeException: Unable to mount Filesystem
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:108)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.FuseVolume.mount(FuseVolume.java:58)
        at org.cryptomator.ui.model.Vault.unlock(Vault.java:115)

Opening the same vault (it’s in Dropbox) from High Sierra works without problems.
Does anybody have some suggestion or a solution for me?

Best, Mike

You may have to update FUSE for macOS. As far as I know, Catalina compatibility in FUSE for macOS was introduced in 3.10.0 (which is higher than your installed version 3.8.2). You should be able to update FUSE via System Preferences. Or get the latest version from here: https://osxfuse.github.io/

1 Like

Hi, thanks, that helps a lot. But the fact is that i updated to the newest version 3.10.4 with the panel and after a reboot it is back to 3.8.2. I forgot to check the numbers after install, just looking if the process doesn’t throw errors. If i find out why my Catalina doesn’t do the update to 3.10.4 I will inform here.

Beste, Mike

Hi, i found the solution: An Seafile Installation during login installs its own oxsfuse version above my updated one. So i ever fall back to 3.8.2 but without recognise it.
I skipt autostart my Seafile and that let me install and keep osxfuse 3.10.4 and now cryptomator works like a charm.
Thanks to tobihagemann!
Best Mike

1 Like