Sharing Folder Vault Cryptomator

Hello

I have test Cryptomator into Windows 10 Pro and with this soft I have create a vault into my HDD who contains all my data and only my data (not OS, not programs…)

when I open the the Vault cryptomator it create a network disk into it needeed to put the data I would like to crypt…
I use this machine windows 10 Pro like a NAS and the HDD of Data is share into my network with an other Windows computer …
I want to secure my data if my machine is stolen so :
If my machine is stolen so machine is disconnect of power so vault is lock at the the shutoff…
If the thief restart machine at this home he cannot open vault…

If it is me who shutt off the machine so I must will be unlock the vault after a restart of my Windows 10 “NAS”

During all the normal use of the NAS may be the machine fall in standby (mode S3 or S4) with all the HDD stop but the OS keep the vault open…

My question is : Is it possible the to share the network folder (so vault cryptomator open…) to user of my network like a share folder ? And How ?

Best regard

Mhm, I don’t think this will work properly. If you want to encrypt a complete system I recommend software like veracrypt.

Hello
Many thanks for this first response…

I not would like encrypt all the complete system but only a HDD (or a big container with data personnal)
All the other data like videos and general photos are not encrypted…

Have you an idea if it possible ?

We’ll I stand by my recommendation. Cryptomator is designed for secure online storage of files, not for (partly) NAS encryption of network shared files. So I would not expect such a setup to work properly and would consider software that is designed to encrypt systems, partitions or HDs (or parts of it). But I have to admit that I did not try it by myself. I just read some posts here in the last month and there seems that people have difficulties in establishing a stable network sharing setup.

But you can just try it.
Swith from WebDAV to Dokany in the settings. Then the vault is mounted as HD and has the same options like HD and therefore you can enable the windows share. (Im this picture “H:” is my vault)