Questions about upcoming 1.5.0 linux?

Firstly, I have been testing 1.5.0 beta 2, and I am currently setting up a large video library vault and it works great so thank you for that. Can you please tell me:

1. When do you expect the full release to be out?

2. Will the linux full release have an unlock vault on start option?

3. Will the linux full release have a start cryptomator on login option?

4. Will the linux full release have a working system tray icon that cryptomator minimises to? Ubuntu 16.04, Gnome 3.28.2. KStatusNotifierItem/AppIndicator Support did not fix this for me.

5. Will the vault format change again, or will any vault created with the second Beta need to be converted?

6. If using a vault stored in cloud - not synced - but browsable in Nautilus with google-drive-ocamlfuse, if conversion is necessary, will the whole vault have to be downloaded and changed, or just some of the files? I know most people will be using Cryptomator on vaults that are synced locally, but for a setup as I have described, if an entire several hundred GB vault has to be downloaded by google-drive-ocamlfuse to change the format, this could take a long time and if there was an issue with the connection or a crash - perhaps there is a good way to mitigate this, perhaps making a backup of the vault on the google drive web client.

1. we’re still aiming for Q1 2020
  2. yes
  3. no (seems to be very different on each distro. Or maybe there is a free desktop standard?)
  4. if your distro provides a tray, yes.
  5. no, unless there is a major issue
  6. vault format upgrade in 1.5.0 doesn’t touch file contents, it will only rename files. So if ocamlfuse handles this without downloading, it will run (relatively) fast. Beta feedback for such scenarios is highly appreciated :wink:
1 Like