OneDrive for Business long path limitation

When I try to add vault to OneDrive for Business cloud from my linux desktop I get the following error:

org.cryptomator.cryptofs.common.FileSystemCapabilityChecker$MissingCapabilityException: /home/usera/OneDrive/crypto/c/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.c9r/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.c9r/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.c9r/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.c9r: Filesystem doesn't support LONG_PATHS

It seems it’s a known limitation of OneDrive for business - 260 symbols. Is there any workaround?

According to this ms office support article, OneDrive for Business has a limit of 400 chars, which is more than sufficient for Cryptomator.

260 chars is the limit for single path elements.

The FileSystemCapabilityChecker, that you apparently already met, is a bit too restrictive here. We will tell it to be more relaxed and just check for a 300 chars path length in tomorrows 1.5.1 release.

The maximum path length that can occur in Cryptomator is 268 chars (beginning from the d/ directory).

1 Like

Yesterday we released 1.5.1. :tada:

Can you give Cryptomator another try and add a vault? It should not block anymore.