LibreOffice Impress file fail to open from Nautilus

Hi, using Ubuntu 18.04, Cryptomator 1.4.15. Trying to open a 37 MB .odp file from the Vault in Nautilus by double click on file. The cursor shows the time wheel, but nothing happens. Need to open Impress and open file from the menu File->Open. After opening file from within program, everythin works as expected.

I have a debug log, but I hesitate to upload it. All of the folder names and file names are shown in clear text, and there are a lot of them in the log. Any specific clues I should be looking for in the debug file?

You can send us the debug log by uploading it with Firefox Send and then sending me the download link via a PM.

From reading your description I don’t have a clue what could cause this.

Is 37MB for an odp file rather big?

That is generous of you, link sent in PM. Thanks!

It is a rather big .odp file with lots of pictures. The application itself does not seem to have a problem of running this presentation though. No big problem anyway, I just want to inform of a tiny anomaly. Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

It seems that reproducing the error in order to create a new debug log file resulted in a corrupted .odp file :-/

UPDATE: I used Dropbox Rewind to successfully recover the broken encrypted file. Amazing feature.

I have tried reproducing the error by copying the large .odp file to ~/Desktop, then opening via Nautilus. That went fine, the file opened quickly and correctly.

As I thought the debug log does not show anything useful. Maybe a timeout on the system leads to the error, but that is just a guess. Since this is not the biggest issue, i’ll set further investigations to a point after where we released the new 1.5.0 version.

What’s more worrying is that your file got corrupted. Did you performed a write onto the file aka changed & saved this presentation?

I understand, thanks.

What happened was that I first tried to open the file from Nautilus, perhaps several times with no response. Then I opened LO Impress and opened the file from there. The result was a snipped .xml file rendering the file useless.

Even though I recovered my work from Dropbox rewind, the incident was worrying I agree.