Is it possible to set up the Cryptomator iOS app so that any new photos I take are automatically uploaded to my vault, directly from my iPhone?

Downloading my photos from my iPhone to my desktop first and then manually moving those photos into my vault on my desktop is very annoying (my vault is located in my OneDrive cloud folder). Is it possible to set up the Cryptomator iOS app so that any new photos I take are automatically uploaded to my vault, directly from my iPhone?

No, this is actually not possible. You have to upload photos manually.

I see. Windows gives you the option of deciding what to do with duplicate files, to ensure that you aren’t accidentally copying over duplicate photos to the same location. Does Cryptomator have a similar feature in place? I haven’t actually used Cryptomator that much with photos, and certainly not large batches of photos.

On android … you can have a directory watcher running (probably on Termux) so every time a photo is saved, it triggers termux-open or termux-share and pop up a chooser. But you still have to select cryptomator encrypt (unless default receiver was set) and manually unlock vault and save/receive it inside the vault.

It would open a lot of opportunity if Cryptomator has api to access via command line. So we could open and close the vault programmatically (have to fetch vault password somewhere somewhere remote though unless there was another way to e.g. store token locally and be able to revoke it remotely)

I’m not sure if there’s Termux alternative on iOS though.

Thanks for your input - hopefully someone else here knows if something similar exists for iOS. Do you know if Cryptomator has the ability to detect when duplicates of photos are added to the vault?

Yes, as I tested recently. I think it’s rather how file system works though. Not sure. But yes as result, files are unique.