Error Code O52V:256Q:256Q

I’m getting a similar error-- Error Code O52V:256Q:256Q

Inside my d folder is a masterkey.cryptomator and a vault.cryptomator file.

I cannot access anything else.

I moved this to a new topic as this is a complete different error code.

Please give more information what’s in your log file.

Thanks, a bit of a tech Luddite here. Here’s the error log (I think):

Error Code O52V:256Q:256Q
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/ME/Dropbox/Cryptomator/d: Not a vault directory
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.common.vaults.VaultListManager.add(VaultListManager.java:60)
	at org.cryptomator.desktop@1.6.5/org.cryptomator.ui.addvaultwizard.ChooseExistingVaultController.chooseFileAndNext(ChooseExistingVaultController.java:80)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javafx.reflect.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:77)
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.reflect.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
	at javafx.fxml/com.sun.javafx.fxml.MethodHelper.invoke(MethodHelper.java:84)
	at javafx.fxml/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1854)
	at javafx.fxml/javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1724)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
	at javafx.base/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8792)
	at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:203)
	at javafx.controls/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:208)
	at javafx.controls/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.inputmap.InputMap.handle(InputMap.java:274)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:247)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:234)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
	at javafx.base/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3897)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene.processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1878)
	at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2623)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:411)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:301)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$2(GlassViewEventHandler.java:450)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:424)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:449)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:557)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:943)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.mac.MacView.notifyMouse(MacView.java:127)

Cryptomator thinks that „d“ is the vault directory.
But I guess „Cryptomator“ is the directory where the Masterkey file is in.
If this is correct, please change the path of your vault.
Or remove the vault from the list in Cryptomator and add it again.

I have removed it multiple times, moved the d directory and no matter what, it keeps happening.

What is the path to your Masterkey file and what else can you find in this folder.
Is your vault structure as described here?
https://docs.cryptomator.org/en/latest/security/architecture/

/dropbox/cryptomator/d and inside the d folder is a masterkey.cryptomator and vault.cryptomator file.

Thats wrong.
The masterkey.cryptomator file and the vault.cryptomator file should be in the root of your vault and not in “d”.
See the link I posted.

├─ d
│  ├─ BZ
│  │  └─ R4VZSS5PEF7TU3PMFIMON5GJRNBDWA
│  │     ├─ 5TyvCyF255sRtfrIv**83ucADQ==.c9r  # File.txt
│  │     ├─ FHTa55bH*sUfVDbEb0gTL9hZ8nho.c9r  # Subdirectory
│  │     │  └─ dir.c9r  # contains dirId
│  │     └─ gLeOGMCN358*UBf2Qk9cWCQl.c9r  # SymlinkToFile.txt
│  │        └─ symlink.c9r  # contains link target
│  └─ FC
│     └─ ZKZRLZUODUUYTYA4457CSBPZXB5A77  # contains contents of Subdirectory
│        └─ ...
├─ masterkey.cryptomator
├─ masterkey.cryptomator.DFD9B248.bkup
└─ vault.cryptomator

That did it! Thank you.

But what I do not understand is how those two files got moved… I wouldn’t know nor think to move them.