Access denied when trying to open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat

Hallo, ich habe dasselbe Problem und kann mit dem Workaround gut leben, wenn sichergestellt ist, dass die Dateien dadurch weder beschädigt, noch verändert werden. Ist das vorhanden. Kann mir jemand zum Issue noch mehr Informationen geben?

I hope dokany will fix this soon…

@mahas Schau dir den verlinkten Thread pdf-Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr öffnen an. Dort ist es etwas ausführlicher erklärt. Für technische Beschreibungen empfehle ich den Bugreport im Dokany Tracker. (verlinkt in unserem Github issue).

Und nein es werden keine Dateien verändert. Sie lassen sich manchmal einfach nicht öffnen.

Hallo! Danke für deine Rückmeldung. Wenn sichergestellt ist, dass die PDF durch den Umstand tatsächlich nicht verändert oder beschädigt werden, dann kann ich mit dem Umstand leben. Ist zu erwarten, dass Dokany zeitnah geupdatet wird? Oder dauert das erfahrungsgemäß Wochen, Moante, Jahre?

Herzliche Grüße!

Mahas

Bonjour
J’ai eu le même problème : les fichiers pdf enregistrés dans le conteneur n’arrivait pas à s’ouvrir dans adobe.
J’ai trouver la manière de régler le problème, il s’agit d’un paramétrage d’adobe :
Adobe/Edition/Préférences/“Protection (renforcée)”/“Protections de l’environnement de test” : décocher “Activer le mode protégé au démarrage”.
Redémarrer Adobe

Ceci dit décocher cette option rend votre ordinateur plus vulnérable aux fichiers pdf malvéillants. Cette solution n’est donc pas satisfaisante, mais constitue juste à paliatif en attendant une meilleur solution.
cdlt

Hello,

I never had the problem before, but after the automatic Adobe Reader update to version 2021.001.20135 I get the same error message.

Cryptomator was in version 1.5.11 with bundled Dokany. I updated to version 1.5.12 now, but the problem persists.

Any idea? System is Windows 10 Pro.

Edit: Is this still valid and the last information?

Hi there,

Cryptomator 1.5.11 (also 1.5.12), Dokany 1.4.1.1000, windows 10, Onedrive
Have been using all files in the vault successfully. Suddenly, the .pdf files in the vault cannot be read anymore with pdf reader in protected mode. The big difference to the reported cases before is that a) it started out of the blue, and b) the error is solid; Can not read a single .pdf any more with pdf reader. Works ok with other pdf reading tools.

Thanks for any insights, cheers.

Hello I have the same problem.
Cryptomator 1.5.11 (also 15.1.12), Dokany 1.4.1.1000, Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.804.
With Webdav works.
Thank you

I just started having this problem as well.

Cryptomator 1.5.12
Dokany 1.4.1.1000 (x64)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro / Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2021.001.20135

I can read with other pdf tools (i.e. open in browser).

Thanks

Does the behaviour change if as the mount point a directory is used instead of a drive letter? This setting is found in the vault specific options, accessible if the vault is locked.

I just tested it using a directory and had the same behavior

Same here, no difference between directory or drive letter as mount point.

I can confirm this. All PDFs are affected.

Windows 10 Pro Build 18363.1379
Cryptomator 1.5.12
Dokany 1.4.1.1000
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2021.001.20135

Never had a problem before.

Chris

Had the same issue. Updated Adobe reader to latest version and this resolved the issue.

2 Likes

Just updated Adobe and its working for me now too!!! Thanks

2 Likes

Same here. Updated Adobe to 2021.001.20138 and everythings working again.

1 Like

If i mount the vault at directory it still produces the error message sometimes :frowning:

I’m also having this problem with mounted directory. Please assist. Thanks.

The workaround is to mount the vault at a drive letter, see Opening pdf files in Adobe Reader fails: Access Denied · Issue #909 · cryptomator/cryptomator · GitHub.

I actually ran away from drive mount so I can use folder mount so I can auto/permanently share the folder on my network. Using the drive mount, I have to reshare it every time I reboot/unmount.