1.5.0 (exe-164) stopped working with errors on Windows 10

The Cryptormator 1.5 has been running for more than 8 hours to migrate my existing vault on OneDrive ,and then later stopped working with the below errors, ( I created a directory called Dropbox on my Z:\Dropbox which was actually a mount point from OneDrive using ExpanDrive 7.3.0)

Please advise.

java.nio.file.FileSystemException: Z:\Dropbox\d\D5\NWDAX4K42AEXKYXIV4245BMYSLINFC\0ADSTIRVBTZOMQOGS5NR3HHFMLWHROUILHRBTHBSO -> Z:\Dropbox\d\D5\NWDAX4K42AEXKYXIV4245BMYSLINFC\AOU0RqGeXMg40utjs5ysXY8XUQs8QzOGTg==.c9r\dir.c9r: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.move(WindowsFileCopy.java:395)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.move(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:292)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1421)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.FilePathMigration.migrate(FilePathMigration.java:139)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.MigratingVisitor.postVisitDirectory(MigratingVisitor.java:55)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.MigratingVisitor.postVisitDirectory(MigratingVisitor.java:17)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2742)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.Version7Migrator.migrateFileNames(Version7Migrator.java:93)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.Version7Migrator.migrate(Version7Migrator.java:60)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.Migrators.migrate(Migrators.java:105)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.migration.MigrationRunController.lambda$migrate$2(MigrationRunController.java:109)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.common.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

You can resume the migration and it will continue from there where you left off. Does it still produce the same error?

I will try to resume again, I haven’t tried it just yet. Will let you know the result.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I have tried to migrate the same vault again, and got another error :

java.nio.file.FileSystemException: Z:\Dropbox\d: The operation could not be completed. A retry should be performed.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.asIOException(WindowsException.java:112)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream$WindowsDirectoryIterator.readNextEntry(WindowsDirectoryStream.java:178)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsDirectoryStream$WindowsDirectoryIterator.hasNext(WindowsDirectoryStream.java:209)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.next(FileTreeWalker.java:348)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2760)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.Version7Migrator.countFileNames(Version7Migrator.java:79)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.v7.Version7Migrator.migrate(Version7Migrator.java:58)
	at org.cryptomator.cryptofs.migration.Migrators.migrate(Migrators.java:105)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.migration.MigrationRunController.lambda$migrate$2(MigrationRunController.java:109)
	at org.cryptomator.ui.common.Tasks$TaskImpl.call(Tasks.java:139)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

To gather your setup:

1. your cloud provider is OneDrive
  2. you mount your cloud storage using ExpanDrive at Z:\
  3. and the vault is located at Z:\ and named Dropbox

Is that correct?

To address the next error:

java.nio.file.FileSystemException: Z:\Dropbox\d: The operation could not be completed. A retry should be performed.

Did you retried the migration again?

I don’t know ExpanDrive, but i can imagine that this additional layer may be the reason that you cannot migrate. Is it possible to do the migration locally or over One Drive Files On Demand?

@infeo that’s correct. I have tried it couple times, still with similar errors. will try it again.